• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Work permits

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Work permits

The place I'm working at the moment has a large number of staff from India.
    Does anybody know how they manage to get work permits ?

Originally posted by peanuts
    they sneeked in on some of the buses from Poland

Comment

hsmp
      GREED IS GOOD

Comment

The points requirement has gone up to 75 points; However, with the other changes some people may find it easier to come under the new HSMP system.

There are likely to be further UK immigration changes soon that will allow even more people to gain entry to the UK. We will keep you up to date on all these UK work visa, work permits for UK and UK immigration developments.

nice to see our masters protecting the labour force.
        and if you are Romanian or Bulgarian

If you want to be an entrepreneur, then workpermit.com can simply help you with obtaining the relevant visa. However, we find that many people want to come to the UK and to work as freelance IT professionals, but do not really want the hassles of administering and running a company. If you are in that position, then we have an offering that can help you focus on what you do best and leave the rest to us.

What you get

• Visa application (this requires the drafting of a business plan)
        • Company incorporation
        • Registered office
        • Office with PC where you can be based when looking for contracts
        • Advice on the UK contracting market
        • Assistance in finding a contract
        • Opening a bank account for the business
        • Assistance with opening a personal bank account
        • Telephone answering
        • Tax planning
        • Remuneration administration
        • Filing of annual returns for the business
        • Filing of your personal tax returns
        The really hate us don't they!
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

/me looks with smug satisfaction that the M1 & M6 can't be outsourced so I am safe....for now.

Comment

Fraudulently.
            Drivel is my speciality

Comment

I know someone who gets replaced his £600/day developers with £50/day guys from Malta.

He files then out and back and get 3.5 days out of them... still charges then out at £600 though.

Comment

Indian citizens (and those from any Commonwealth country) are able to use the UK's Working Holiday Maker scheme which permits them to work in the UK for up to 2 years. There are a number of limitations and exclusions but most are ignored after arriving here. It is also not uncommon for these folk to stay on after their visa expires.

Comment

I know how they get work permits. Morons vote Labour, the rest is inevitable.

HTH

Comment

Working...
                  X