• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

****ed 5 ways for one contract

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

****ed 5 ways for one contract

By the agency three times -
    (1) asking for 2 references before the interview
    (2) lying that they would inform me of the outcome / provide feedback at some point after the interview
    (3) putting the advert back up on Jobserve for £50 per day more, despite saying there was no negotiation on the rate, before telling me I hadn't got it.

By the end client
    (4) lied to me about whether or not they had informed the agent of their hiring decision (they hadn't).

By the agent again
    (5) Agent's sales director calls me to deny that any of the above occurred at all, even though it's all in writing and admitted by the end client with apologies.

"Global Resourcing" is their name - any agency with a vague name like this is to be avoided (eg "IT Talent Solutions" or "Recruitment Solutions Prowidings of Mumbai")

Is 5 the theoretical limit of how many times you can be ****ed by one contract? Or are there some other ways I could have been ****ed?

'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

But seriously Billy.. Assuming any part of this is actually true.

If you consider the agent asking for references and not giving you feedback being '****ed' then you need to buy a bigger comfort blanket.

None of those are out of the ordinary and it's hardly surprising eventually you'd run in to most of them.

Generally if the agent gets the impression you know your stuff and won't get screwed over they won't bother.. So I'd say your problems are a lot closer to home than the agent.

Is 5 the theoretical limit of how many times you can be ****ed by one contract? Or are there some other ways I could have been ****ed?
      You really can't think of any more?? And I mean proper being ****ed, not this namby pamby standard agency carry on.
      Last edited by northernladuk; 7 June 2019, 15:45.

Comment

Originally posted by VAt Collect0r View Post
        By the agency three times -
        (1) asking for 2 references before the interview
        (2) lying that they would inform me of the outcome / provide feedback at some point after the interview
        (3) putting the advert back up on Jobserve for £50 per day more, despite saying there was no negotiation on the rate, before telling me I hadn't got it.

By the end client
        (4) lied to me about whether or not they had informed the agent of their hiring decision (they hadn't).

By the agent again
        (5) Agent's sales director calls me to deny that any of the above occurred at all, even though it's all in writing and admitted by the end client with apologies.

"Global Resourcing" is their name - any agency with a vague name like this is to be avoided (eg "IT Talent Solutions" or "Recruitment Solutions Prowidings of Mumbai")

Actually it's 6

(6) Agency changed my CV before submitting it to the end client.
        Interviewer's first question was about the inconsistency between the two CVs.

I left out "incurring travel and overnight expenses", so that's 7 ways.

Anyone ever had the full 7?

Comment

I left out "incurring travel and overnight expenses", so that's 7 ways.
          Could you expand no that one a bit more?
          Anyone other saps ever fallen for the full 7?
          FTFY

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            But seriously Billy.. Assuming any part of this is actually true.

You really can't think of any more?? And I mean proper being ****ed, not this namby pamby standard agency carry on.

(1) Who the **** is Billy
            (2) If its such a "cool story bro", then why are you replying to it? It's not worthy of reply yet you reply to it twice....
            What does that make your replies worth - less than the "cool story" is worth presumably?

I can think of more that involve being ****ed after you have committed to the "relationship". (ie not paying up, obviously the big one)

But all 7 of those are where you get ****ed before you even get paid - even whores at least manage to get paid when they get ****ed.

Comment

Could you expand no that one a bit more?

FTFY
              Well,

You get an interview

It's somewhere far, far away.

You pay for the magic carpet to take you there.

When you arrive, the agent or someone else has ****ed it up and there is no interview, so you wasted your time and the money you spent on the magic carpet hire.

I can't really explain it any better - travel is expens-able but you still lose out financially

My question is, has anyone experienced a 7-way pre-relationship ******* like this? I thought getting ****ed in 5 ways for the same contract might have been of interest to the contractor forum community.

Then the arbiter of everything contracting says this is unworthy of discussion on his beloved forum.

But please, carry on not replying to a post you deem a "cool story" because it's not worth replying to, unless, of course, your time is literally worthless...?

Comment

this should be in general

Comment

Well,

You get an interview

It's somewhere far, far away.

You pay for the magic carpet to take you there.

When you arrive, the agent or someone else has ****ed it up and there is no interview, so you wasted your time and the money you spent on the magic carpet hire.

I can't really explain it any better - travel is expens-able but you still lose out financially
                  It's called doing business. Every business has to pay for marketing / sales in the quest for securing contracts worth potentially 100's of K of income.

But surely that is your fault for not arranging these expenses with the agent before hand? Plenty of threads on here discussing this and people have managed to secure it.

Comment

It's called doing business. Every business has to pay for marketing / sales in the quest for securing contracts worth potentially 100's of K of income.

But surely that is your fault for not arranging these expenses with the agent before hand? Plenty of threads on here discussing this and people have managed to secure it.
                    I know

Jesus christ I was only asking if any other contractor out there had experienced more than the usual one or two ****ings-over by an agent prior to an interview.

I attempted to provide a taxonomy of ways-of-being-****ed-over, and wondered if any other contractors out there had experience all the ways in one *******, rather than the usual 2 or 3 ways the agent tries to **** you.

But you are the arbiter of what is a "cool story" or not so I'll leave you alone to enjoy your internet-based dialogues with yourself.

Unless someone is forcing you to read every thread an make your dull comments on it?

Comment

Working...
                    X