• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Washable electronics

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Washable electronics

I've just had a 32GB SD card go through a full wash and dry as it was in my shirt pocket and its perfectly fine and functions as normal. In the past I've had a few pen drives go through the wash without issue. In fact other than a clean look no electronics have failed that I've inadvertently had washed That's not true of some keyboards and mice that have had a coffee or tea douche though What's your most surprising washing machine survival item?

My dignity after sitting aloft a washing machine on fast spin

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      My dignity after sitting aloft a washing machine on fast spin

So shocking yet so believable.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by tazdevil View Post
        What's your most surprising washing machine survival item?
        Soup.

Put your washing machine to better use – cook Chinese soup with it!【Video】 | SoraNews24 -Japan News-

Comment

Unlike an iPhone which will collapse if there's even a hint of rain...
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I've just had a 32GB SD card go through a full wash and dry as it was in my shirt pocket and its perfectly fine and functions as normal. In the past I've had a few pen drives go through the wash without issue. In fact other than a clean look no electronics have failed that I've inadvertently had washed That's not true of some keyboards and mice that have had a coffee or tea douche though What's your most surprising washing machine survival item?
            Kittens.

Comment

Wallet, money, cards and passport.
              Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                Unlike an iPhone which will collapse if there's even a hint of rain...

That's not true.

I found my daughter's iPhone SE half-submerged in a bucket of water used to clean the kitchen floor.

Still works perfectly ... well, once I replaced the screen.

Comment

Working...
                X