• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Suddenly loads of jobs in the US

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suddenly loads of jobs in the US

My daily jobswerve newsletter has suddenly started listing loads of jobs in the USA. There were only about five a year until now.

Why the change? Have the yanks suddenly decided that Brits are better value than Indians? Or have visa/green card restrictions been relaxed for us?

More likley a new pimp can't submit job correctly.

Comment

The Offshore chappie sat next to me is returning to India at the end of this month - assures me that the next place he is heading off to is the US.
      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100
        My daily jobswerve newsletter has suddenly started listing loads of jobs in the USA. There were only about five a year until now.

Why the change? Have the yanks suddenly decided that Brits are better value than Indians? Or have visa/green card restrictions been relaxed for us?

Same here!!!

I reckon its just jobserve - they'e probably just changed their search criteria or something.
        The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet
          More likley a new pimp can't submit job correctly.
          Several different pimps. For example yesterday, out of 15 jobs, nearly half were in the States:

Dallas TX (pimp=Technical Focus, Inc.)
          Torrance CA (MIDCOM Corporation)
          Houston TX (PALADIN Consulting, Inc.)
          Richardson TX (Technical Focus, Inc.)
          Milwaukee WI (Systems & Programming Solutions, Inc)
          Irving TX (Technical Focus, Inc.)
          Grapevine TX (Technical Focus, Inc.)

Today I've got some different ones, including Canada.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne
            Same here!!!

I reckon its just jobserve - they'e probably just changed their search criteria or something.
            I think it's the people that use it.

I don't search on location, there aren't enough relevent jobs for me to bother.

There have always been Euro jobs on JS and for some time there have been some aussie jobs (always posted around midnight, strangely!).

Now there seems to be a spate of US jobs. Perhaps they have started to market themselves there.

tim

Comment

Originally posted by tim123
              Now there seems to be a spate of US jobs. Perhaps they have started to market themselves there.

tim
              But why have lots of different agents from across the States suddenly started to do this at the same time? Something must have triggered it.

As I said, I now get six or seven a day, whereas I've never had more than six or seven a year before that!

Comment

I have the same problem and it's bloody annoying. I get dozen of USA jobs every day....
                Carpe Pactum

(does fuzzy logic tickle?)

Comment

Jobserve have a new search engine, perhaps it's that. Or perhaps it's because you've checked the US and Oz job checkbox...

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore
                    Jobserve have a new search engine, perhaps it's that. Or perhaps it's because you've checked the US and Oz job checkbox...

Nope!
                    Carpe Pactum

(does fuzzy logic tickle?)

Comment

Working...
                    X