• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Human Rights for Murderers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Human Rights for Murderers

Escaped murderers protected under human rights laws

Police have refused to release pictures of 2 escaped murderers as it may infringe their human rights. WTF???????

Originally posted by John Galt

Police have refused to release pictures of 2 escaped murderers as it may infringe their human rights. WTF???????
    PC gone mad. That's why they had to use a body-double when they showed Saddam's hanging (I am only joking, but it wouldn't be surprising if they had...)
    Carpe Pactum

(does fuzzy logic tickle?)

Comment

I do see their point though - a wanted poster for an escapee from open prison is an admission of failure. They may as well put up posters that say "We Are F^king Useless". If I were them I would hide behind every available piece of legislation too.

Comment

Not going to get into the human rights issue to deeply, but will note the sensationlist reporting of the article. "Killers" and "Murderers" can cover quite a lot of territory, ranging for the UK version of negligent homicide, to manslaughter to cold blooded killer. Considering these guys were in a open prison it is far more likely that these weigh in at the lower end of the scale (at least one would hope) thus highly unlikely to be a threat to the community, so really does the community need wanted posters of them posted all over the place?

I don't think so, save that kind of things for when the community really does need to know because if the posters/warnings are rare people are far more likely to pay attention when it counts.

Comment

I think posters up for all IT Contractors who have escaped IR35.

Warning, do not approach these people, they have committed tax crimes and are under investigation.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn
            I think posters up for all IT Contractors who have escaped IR35.

Warning, do not approach these people, they have committed tax crimes and are under investigation.

Wasnt there some rumblings last year about making all tax offences a criminal offence (with the exception of Tonys bizz friends who are all registered in Monaco-thats only fair)

Comment

Originally posted by John Galt

What's daft is that this is the same week that one council did put up posters of two people suspected of dropping litter.

So being suspected of dropping litter gets you less human rights than being convicted and imprisoned of murder.

Comment

Suggest looking up utilitarianism and retributist ethical view points. It will then all makes sense in a New Lie way.
                Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

I guess the litterbugs now have an airtight case to sue the council.

Comment

Originally posted by Not So Wise
                    Not going to get into the human rights issue to deeply, but will note the sensationlist reporting of the article. "Killers" and "Murderers" can cover quite a lot of territory, ranging for the UK version of negligent homicide, to manslaughter to cold blooded killer. Considering these guys were in a open prison...
                    Given Englands inability at actually locking up real criminals how confident are you that these two murderers are in fact not a threat?

Mailman

Comment

Working...
                    X