• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

We would like to offer you a perm job!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We would like to offer you a perm job!

Just not sure which one.

The gig I am at finishes in about six weeks. The dev work will be finished. But they want to keep me on. They cant find any contract work and they're not sure what role they want to offer me but they want to keep me.

Shall I
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Originally posted by MarillionFan
    Just not sure which one.

The gig I am at finishes in about six weeks. The dev work will be finished. But they want to keep me on. They cant find any contract work and they're not sure what role they want to offer me but they want to keep me.

Shall I
    It means they want to pay you less.
    I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Originally posted by Francko
      It means they want to pay you less.
      May as well take it MF. You'll change again in a couple of months time anyway...
      Illegitimus non carborundum est!

Comment

Its your call MF - but a kick in the balls is worth two in the bush.

Whatever you do - Good Luck.

Comment

I think there is a recession coming - but in 3 or 4 years time. I would ask for an extension.

Best of luck with it.

Comment

When you are an incompetent, being a permie is the best bet.

HTH

Comment

wot no fisticuffs yet?
              The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn
                When you are an incompetent, being a permie is the best bet.

HTH

Yes - theres much to said for that - just fading into the background - no stress - collecting your money month after month - year after year - sick pay - not having to live out of a suitcase - or being placed in Basingstoke- not worrying about your next contract - paid pensions - paid training - no tax or accountancy hassles - -imagine being on vacation and getting paid for it - now tell me - what have perm jobs ever done for us ????
                Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 5 January 2007, 14:45.

Comment

Motivation...
                  Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                  threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

They don't even know what job to offer me, just that I am useful and have a great skillset!!!!!!

I reckon I should be a contractor.
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                    X