• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Glasto

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glasto

Just watching Janet Jackson's performance. That head mike makes her look like she has a Hitler mustache...
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Just watching Janet Jackson's performance. That head mike makes her look like she has a Hitler mustache...

Comment

Kylie was Kak...so was the sound.
      I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Miley Cyrus. Wasn't expecting that.

What a set!

Comment

Originally posted by Big Blue Plymouth View Post

What a set!
          Hmmmm....inneresting....

Originally posted by The Plantswoman View Post
          RHCP @ Reading.

What a set!

Comment

Don't think the BBC were either. I only caught the last half of her performance but the beeb were still flashing up 'This performance may contain strong language' warnings as she cussed her way through it. Some interesting covers and I presume that was her dad (Billy Ray Cyrus) that came on for a song near the end then watched from the side.

She did tone it down for a few songs so they could be shown later in the highlights. The 'Ashley O' performance from Black Mirror was a nice touch, only got around to watching that episode the other day and didn't recognise the actress as being Miley Cyrus until the credits. She's aged a lot since Wrecking Ball, last time I paid her much attention.

Can't say I found much else this year that interesting, that I caught on the beeb, except maybe Baby Metal. Only caught the last song but as I'd never heard of them or that genre of music it was a bit WTF.

The Cure were dull for a headliner. Only put up with the first 20 mins or so, all the songs sounded the same, no real energy. Maybe they improved if they went on to play some of the more recognisable old classics. Should have had them in the legends slot, they've earned that.
            Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
              didn't recognise the actress as being Miley Cyrus until the credits. She's aged a lot since Wrecking Ball, last time I paid her much attention.
              I switched on halfway through and didn't know who I was watching at first. Yes, she looks totally different.

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post

The Cure were dull for a headliner. Only put up with the first 20 mins or so, all the songs sounded the same, no real energy. Maybe they improved if they went on to play some of the more recognisable old classics. Should have had them in the legends slot, they've earned that.
              I like their (new?) guitarist. Ex Tin Machine, apparently. They did all their classics in the last half hour and finished up with Boys Dont Cry. Saw it on iPlayer as I was up on Glastonbury Tor with a flagon of Mendip Magic watching all the lights from the festival at the time. Quite a crowd up there last night.

Comment

Mendip Magic
                Hmmmm....inneresting....

Originally posted by wurzel View Post
                Mendip Magic
                Originally posted by Malcolm Buggeridge View Post
                Mendip Magic

Comment

Speaking of Glasto, has anyone seen PC since he went?

Hopefully he's still tripping off his tits in his back garden with the BBC Red Button on in the background believing he actually went in the first place
                  Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                  I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                    Speaking of Glasto, has anyone seen PC since he went?

Hopefully he's still tripping off his tits in his back garden with the BBC Red Button on in the background believing he actually went in the first place

I was there and, in fact, tulipting in lots of the toilets..... :-(
                    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X