• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

one for our wayward fathers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

one for our wayward fathers

Husband sues his wife after she has an affair | Daily Mail Online

Husband sues his wife for 'every penny' he spent on the eight-year-old son he discovered was actually fathered by another man

• A man is suing his estranged wife after discovering she had an illicit affair
    • The woman became pregnant as a result of the affair and gave birth to a boy
    • The man discovered later that he was not the genetic father of his boy, 8
    • The High Court heard the man is also seeking compensation for distress

good, bad or ugly?
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    I have a feeling of deja vu all over again with that one.

Didn't some other poor sod go through the same thing a couple of years ago?
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Probably all three.

Comment

There was a case some years ago where a man sued his GF for misuse of his sperm. She saved it after a BJ and inseminated herself.
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

One for Brillo, surely?
          His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
            One for Brillo, surely?
            Not really as I specialize in divorce.

I feel very sorry for the child in this. I have not read the story(its the wail) but I would hope the man would see that being a father is not just biological but about the relationship too. If someone wants to read the link and post other "facts" I may just change my mind.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              Not really as I specialize in divorce.

I feel very sorry for the child in this. I have not read the story(its the wail) but I would hope the man would see that being a father is not just biological but about the relationship too. If someone wants to read the link and post other "facts" I may just change my mind.

Key thing for me in the summary is "Estranged Wife" I suspect she said something like "go away the little b*stard isn't even yours" or similar when he asked for access.

I too feel sorry for the child but from the sounds of it she defrauded him.

most of the story for the mailophobics

A man has sued his unfaithful estranged wife after discovering that he is not the father of her eight-year-old son.

The man wants the woman to return 'every penny' he spent on the child he thought was his but was actually fathered by someone she had an affair with.

He also wants damages to compensate for distress and wants her to reveal the name of the other man.

A man is suing his estranged wife after he discovered that he was not the father of their son. The man is taking a High Court action against his wife seeking the return of any cash he spent on the boy and the identity of the boy's genetic father .
              A man is suing his estranged wife after he discovered that he was not the father of their son. The man is taking a High Court action against his wife seeking the return of any cash he spent on the boy and the identity of the boy's genetic father

The man says the boy should be told who his father is.

His estranged wife is against such a move.

Detail of the case emerged on Tuesday in a ruling published by a judge who analysed evidence during the latest round of litigation.

Mr Justice Cohen analysed arguments relating to whether the woman should be ordered to reveal the name of the boy's father, at a recent private hearing in the Family Division of the High Court in London.

He indicated that he would make a decision following a further hearing.

The judge said the man had been devastated to learn that he was not the boy's father, was 'full of controlled anger' and had launched a 'raft' of litigation.

Mr Justice Cohen said the woman was 'full of remorse'.

Comment

Key thing for me in the summary is "Estranged Wife" I suspect she said something like "go away the little b*stard isn't even yours" or similar when he asked for access.

I too feel sorry for the child but from the sounds of it she defrauded him.

most of the story for the mailophobics
                Gosh!

Well proof you never know anyone until you divorce them. Thoroughly unpleasant chap trying to petty revenge while harming child. He really needs to put the child first. No doubt he had or has some sort of relationship with them?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  Gosh!

Well proof you never know anyone until you divorce them. Thoroughly unpleasant chap trying to petty revenge while harming child. He really needs to put the child first. No doubt he had or has some sort of relationship with them?

What do you base that on? Her reluctance to tell the truth or his wish to do so?

she can pay back the money and decide whether to tell the child the man he thinks of as his father is not. He can tell the boy now he isn't his father unless of course the boy already knows.

I suspect he did have a relationship with the boy as if he were his father, not sure he can continue that especially if the ex wife is against it.

He did pay for the upkeep of the child based on a deception. Sorry that's fraud

fraud

/frɔːd/Learn to pronounce

noun
                  [COLOR=#878787 !important]noun: fraud; plural noun: frauds[/COLOR]

• wrongful or criminal deception intended to result in financial or personal gain.
                    [COLOR=#878787 !important]"he was convicted of fraud"[/COLOR]
                    synonyms: fraudulence, sharp practice, cheating, swindling, trickery, artifice, deceit, deception, double-dealing, duplicity, treachery, chicanery, skulduggery, imposture, embezzlement;More

• a person or thing intended to deceive others, typically by unjustifiably claiming or being credited with accomplishments or qualities.
                      [COLOR=#878787 !important]"mediums exposed as tricksters and frauds"[/COLOR]

fraud

/frɔːd/Learn to pronounce

noun
                  [COLOR=#878787 !important][/COLOR]

• wrongful or criminal deception intended to result in financial or personal gain.
                    [COLOR=#878787 !important]"he was convicted of fraud"[/COLOR]
                    synonyms: fraudulence, sharp practice, cheating, swindling, trickery, artifice, deceit, deception, double-dealing, duplicity, treachery, chicanery, skulduggery, imposture, embezzlement;More

• a person or thing intended to deceive others, typically by unjustifiably claiming or being credited with accomplishments or qualities.
                      [COLOR=#878787 !important]"mediums exposed as tricksters and frauds"[/COLOR]
                      synonyms: impostor, fake, sham, pretender, hoodwinker, masquerader, charlatan, quack, mountebank; More

Comment

What do you base that on? Her reluctance to tell the truth or his wish to do so?

she can pay back the money and decide whether to tell the child the man he thinks of as his father is not. He can tell the boy now he isn't his father unless of course the boy already knows.

I suspect he did have a relationship with the boy as if he were his father, not sure he can continue that especially if the ex wife is against it.

He did pay for the upkeep of the child based on a deception. Sorry that's fraud
                    Truth is a very tricky thing.

It is quite possible to be a really good step parent. In fact, sometimes being a bit removed genetically is good.

Lets say that the ex wife does not want him to have a relationship with the child(which I assume the article does not say). Then it becomes very different.

I hope he carries on seeing the child.

Comment

Working...
                    X