• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

CUK 2007 predictions article

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CUK 2007 predictions article

I'm not one to point out mistakes for the sake of it. But the chap who wrote this means Nostradamus, not Nostromo. I've never read Nostromo so I'm relying on the Wikipedia plot summary, but I stand firm. Just wanted to put the poor hack straight before he gets laughed out of the Groucho one day.

Originally posted by thunderlizard
    I'm not one to point out mistakes for the sake of it. But the chap who wrote this means Nostradamus, not Nostromo. I've never read Nostromo so I'm relying on the Wikipedia plot summary, but I stand firm. Just wanted to put the poor hack straight before he gets laughed out of the Groucho one day.
    From the article:
    Crystal ball gazing is a notoriously risky affair that typically leaves aspiring Nostromos looking daft.
    Wasn't Nostromo the space-ship in Alien? Can't be arsed to look it up, but if so, it looked worse than daft after Ripley blew it up.

I just looked it up and it was.

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100
      Wasn't Nostromo the space-ship in Alien?
      Correct.

edit. make sure you read all posts before being smug. Never saw Wendi had looked it up. Damn.
      I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
      Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

My prediction for 2007 is that there will be more foreigners in London.

Comment

Originally posted by Nicky G
          My prediction for 2007 is that there will be more foreigners in London.
          The day there are no foreigners in London is the day London (and the country as a whole) ceases to be a world player.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru
            The day there are no foreigners in London is the day London (and the country as a whole) ceases to be a world player.
            Nah, you must be thinking of the ravens in the Tower.
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
            X