• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Unlucky Weekend

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unlucky Weekend

Thinks Ive had one, first some nob drives into my car on Sat, recon a couple k worth of damage. Then this morning my misses manages to put the loft ladder through the fecking roof, she didnt retract it she pushed the thing up when straight through the roof, ripped through the underfelt and smashed 5 tiles off. Cost me a fortune to get a roofer out on a sunday. Heres to better luck .

HOw strong is the misses?

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet
      HOw strong is the misses?
      Not that strong, but once a month she turns into 'PMT women' I needed body armour, she said it didnt seem to be budging and stuck on something, well that was because it had reached the roof , so she said she gave it a few sharp pushes in a rage, man I was so pi**ed off, how stupied can you get. Came out the house and you could see a ladder sticking out of my roof ggrrrr
      Last edited by MobileCheese; 7 January 2007, 21:55.

Comment

So, what is she good at?

Are you sure she's not nobbing the roofer?

Comment

this has to be the funniest post in a long long time, made me laugh out load

Comment

Originally posted by MobileCheese
            Not that strong, but once a month she turns into 'PMT women' I needed body armour, she said it didnt seem to be budging and stuck on something, well that was because it had reached the roof , so she said she gave it a few sharp pushes in a rage, man I was so pi**ed off, how stupied can you get. Came out the house and you could see a ladder sticking out of my roof ggrrrr

She should have blamed Santa
            Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

And the Equal Opportunities Commission moan about there not being enough women in boardrooms - perhaps your wife thought it was a glass ceiling!

Comment

Just out of interest, how much was the roofer? Got to replace some tiles on new house and have no idea what that costs ...
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru
                  Just out of interest, how much was the roofer? Got to replace some tiles on new house and have no idea what that costs ...
                  Sunday afternoon, he came out went up on roof removed the 5 broken tiles, put some plastic stuff where the underfelt ripped, and put new tiles on which I had in garage as the previous owner had house re-roofed before me and left some, came to £250, cash in hand, took him all of 20mins. I think a whole roof is £3k plus, thats tiles, new underfelt etc. I recon if I had booked him it would of been £100max, but being sunday and emergency I paid over the odds, but less expensive than taking a day off.

Comment

Originally posted by MobileCheese
                    Sunday afternoon, he came out went up on roof removed the 5 broken tiles, put some plastic stuff where the underfelt ripped, and put new tiles on which I had in garage as the previous owner had house re-roofed before me and left some, came to £250, cash in hand, took him all of 20mins. I think a whole roof is £3k plus, thats tiles, new underfelt etc. I recon if I had booked him it would of been £100max, but being sunday and emergency I paid over the odds, but less expensive than taking a day off.
                    Cheers. That's not too bad I suppose ...could have been worse.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                    X