• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

John Leslie charged with sexual assault in 2008.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

John Leslie charged with sexual assault in 2008.

I'm not a fan of John Leslie, if I'm honest he comes across as an arrogant arse hole.

But an accusation of assault in a club Edit..sorry street over 10 years ago seems nuts. How can he defend himself? CCTV, no chance. Witnesses, really 10 years ago.

Might be unpopular opinion but this seems like a waste of police resources. Leslie even if innocent (presumed) has no chance of coming out of this without mud sticking and financially poorer.
    Last edited by woohoo; 12 July 2019, 11:22.

Wasnt his reputation already trashed through those Ulrika Johnson allegations? ISTR he was exonerated but, as you say, mud sticks.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Blue Plymouth View Post
      Wasnt his reputation already trashed through those Ulrika Johnson allegations? ISTR he was exonerated but, as you say, mud sticks.
      He's a proper dirty bugger to be fair. All that with Abi Titmuss as well so he's certainly got a reputation. He's certainly experienced in battling sexual allegations.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I faintly remember something about that. I don't know him personally but from what little I've read and seen on TV he is a bit of tulip.

Still, 11 year old allegation. I can't see how he can actually be found guilty unless they have a really great independent witness, which begs the question why didnt they report it 10 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
          He's a proper dirty bugger to be fair. All that with Abi Titmuss as well so he's certainly got a reputation. He's certainly experienced in battling sexual allegations.
          Exactly, I don't think he is going to win person of the year but it's more a 10 year old allegation.

Comment

While in general I agree with you, there must be some sort of evidence to have a prosecution.

I have heard of cases before where the prosecution side has gone ahead then the judge thrown out the case before defense team even prsents. I suppose it might happen here.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              While in general I agree with you, there must be some sort of evidence to have a prosecution.

I have heard of cases before where the prosecution side has gone ahead then the judge thrown out the case before defense team even prsents. I suppose it might happen here.
              I agree with you. If compelling evidence arises or some kind of coercion is involved that stops the person reporting it, then fair enough.

But on the face of it I do wonder if its because the police don't want to be accused of not taking these reports seriously. However, 10 year old allegation, I will bet that it will be dropped or thrown out and Leslie will struggle to find work again.

Comment

At least she'd have got a shag out of John Leslie!
                Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Working...
                X