• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

So, what time do you have to get up??

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, what time do you have to get up??

For the new contract I am having to get up @ 6am, to be able to be here by 8 am (half an hour getting ready and the rest driving) I did the same when I was in London, but I stayed over every other night, - may do the same now.

I miss my sleep I couldn't move a finger this morning, I've never been a coffee person, but now am gradually moving away from the herbal teas in the morning to having and esspresso-Choc <sigh>
    I was told I'll get used to getting up so early , but this never works for me, I never get used to it , even if I got to bed by 9pm

5:30
    With the current contract I only go in 2 or 3 times a week, but when I do I leave the house by 6am to negotiate the M25 before it gets too bad.

Travelling early is worse in the winter darkness - I don't mind at all in summer.
    Last edited by wendigo100; 8 January 2007, 09:38.

Comment

6:40 to get into London Bridge by train by 08:30
      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

in for around 0700 - 0730 need to get up around 0630. When working for Bank America I used to get up at 0500 to be in for 0630
        SA says;
        Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
        (whatever these are)

Comment

0530 to be in for 0630 - but I leave at 1600. I have always be an early morning person and get lots of work done while things are quieter.

Comment

6:30 wake up, 45 mins to get ready at a leisurely pace, then 1.5 hour fun train journey to work every day for the past 2 years.

The long journey times really have a negative impact on health.

Comment

Originally posted by SandyDown
              I miss my sleep I couldn't move a finger this morning,
              If you need some finger action first thing I'm yer man, just ask.

Back on topic. I am in digs so close to work. Maximum 1 hour from alarm to desk
              I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
              Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

I can start anytime up to 10am but normally aim at 9 ish. Work is 20 mins easy drive so in theory I can lie-in until 7:50. Trouble is I wake up between 5:30 and 6:30 every b@stard day regardless of when I go to bed....

Comment

Originally posted by TazMaN
                  The long journey times really have a negative impact on health.
                  It's definitely a killer - weird that last year I worked & stayed away for 10 months - so the trip to the office only took 5 minutes... but I kept the same regime & I was always first in & last out !!
                  Must be a work ethic thaaang
                  How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Up for 6.30 to be in for 8.30 when busy - 1 1/4 hours to faff/read paper, brekkie etc. 7.30 for 9.30 on a standard day

Comment

Working...
                    X