• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

buying Land

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

buying Land

Has anyone here ever bought patches of land, I'm looking to buy around 5 - 20 acres of ether woodland or grazing land.....

Good web sites, or agents please??
    SA says;
    Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
    (whatever these are)

Originally posted by n5gooner
    Has anyone here ever bought patches of land, I'm looking to buy around 5 - 20 acres of ether woodland or grazing land.....

got some in France if you want.

Comment

a couple of years ago I drove a couple of times towards Hastings /Tumbridge Wells and there were loads of notices for woodlands for sale...

Other places is auctions, usually land is sold at auctions, you should be OK with woodlands and non building places, however if there is a remote chance that the land may have planning permission, then you'd have all building contractors fighting over it.

btw: am not an expert really - just reppeating what I heard

Comment

The trouble is absolutely everyone is piling into this - probally as a result of Green Belt planning being under attack - farm land with road frontage is being bought for speculation - last year I was interested in a local wood up for auction that had a clearing and a few wooden huts that had been used for a naturalist retreat - guide price - 30k actual - 250k - outrageous!!
        Last edited by Troll; 8 January 2007, 09:53.
        How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

I have a couple of small countries for sale if you're interested.

Threaded.
          I'm Spartacus.

Comment

you can't beat owning land

good for you gooner

Milan.

Comment

And handy for fuel cell powered thingies too.
              I'm Spartacus.

Comment

as long as you're still after agricultural land you should get a good deal. Avoid propertyspy and the like who sell 'plots' of land for vastly inflated prices. I looked into this some time ago and nearly paid £14K for a 0.3 acre plot of land. Then I found out the seller who propertyspy was acting for bought the whole field (15 plots) off the farmer for £50K 6 months previous. I'm sure all the plots went to stupid people who are hoping for outline planning permission. Theres a £160K profit on that field in roughly 6 months so the winner is the guy who sells the plots...

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by n5gooner

Ensure it is registered under the single payment scheme. If not value accordingly in a generally downwards direction. If it has not been registered it can never be registered and the single payment subsidy will never be made. At the moment this if 5 percent of two thirds of sod all, however the plan (for want of a better word) is that all the subsides are paid as a result of the registration.

Comment

I have few acres in Donegal and just under 1800 acres on the Moon.
                    Me, me, me...

Comment

Working...
                    X