• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Little help?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Little help?

So I raised a request with our help desk trying to get a licence renewed for one of our engineers.

The response I got was

"I would request you to raise the request in the correct form post 4 weeks under the form quotation request so that we can get a quote for the license and get it ready before the license expires."

Can anyone shed any light on what my next course of action should be?

Originally posted by original PM View Post
    So I raised a request with our help desk trying to get a licence renewed for one of our engineers.

The response I got was

"I would request you to raise the request in the correct form post 4 weeks under the form quotation request so that we can get a quote for the license and get it ready before the license expires."

Yes someone forgot to fill out the renewal form.

I would advise replacing whoever was responsible with an offshore resource.
    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Fill in the quotation request form. Make sure its done at least 4 weeks prior to expiry.

Sadly it sounds like the help desk has to outsourced.

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
        Yes someone forgot to fill out the renewal form.

I would advise replacing whoever was responsible with an offshore resource.
        Yeah ok I am pretty sure that will help.

Comment

The response I got was

Ask if there is an expedited process, then escalate

HTH

Comment

Just reply:

I would request that you would explain what your request is, as I cannot understand what you are requesting.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Do the needful.

Comment

The response I got was

Get yourself a job that is better suited to your skills and experience. I hear Costa Coffee are hiring at your level
                I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                  Get yourself a job that is better suited to your skills and experience. I hear Costa Coffee are hiring at your level
                  Yeah it's a fair point - although given my inability to decipher pidgin english I would imagine I would always fook up your order.

Comment

The reply was actually easy to understand, if you have a good command of English. For those who haven't progressed beyond CSE I would imagine it would be difficult.
                    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                    X