• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Council to charge if you dont recycle

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Council to charge if you dont recycle

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6240119.stm

Householders who throw out large amounts of rubbish instead of recycling should be charged more, councils in England and Wales say.
    Here's an idea, why not make recycling simple? Instead of having rules for things like removing plastic windows from envalopes because the council recycle people wont collect your recycling...why not just make it so any type of "clean" paper or plastic will be collected in the same bag?

I know...I know...that would mean 10 people enforcement people per area would lose their jobs!

And here's the other thing, instead of "attacking" house holders why not target the f8ckers who MAKE you waste a lot...the f8ckers who have to put at least half a kilo of plastic on a steak?

You get them to reduce the amount of packaging they use and I guarantee you will see a reduction in waste from homes immediately!

Mailman

Only consequence will be an increase in illegal fly-tipping
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

I love a good oxymoron

Originally posted by Troll
      Is there such a thing as legal fly-tipping?
      I'm Spartacus.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartacus
        Is there such a thing as legal fly-tipping?
        Only if you are a member of the 'Travelling Community'
        HTH

Comment

Exactly what I thought when I read Milliband's ideas. Labour never think anything through, do they. Seems bloody obvious to anyone with at least half a brain.

Comment

I actually liked the suggestion that you remove all packaging at the supermarket checkout and let them deal with it - might be a bit messy with the milk cartons - but why should 4 apples come in a polystyrene tray , and wrapped with cling film?

Comment

I actually liked the suggestion that you remove all packaging at the supermarket checkout and let them deal with it - might be a bit messy with the milk cartons - but why should 4 apples come in a polystyrene tray , and wrapped with cling film?
              Buy loose apples then. No one makes you buy the pre-packaged more expensive ones.

[The reason supermarkets do this is for ease of shipping and extra protection during the 3.5 million mile trip from the pack house]
              I'm Spartacus.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartacus
                Buy loose apples then. No one makes you buy the pre-packaged more expensive ones.

[The reason supermarkets do this is for ease of shipping and extra protection during the 3.5 million mile trip from the pack house]
                Feck you're being picky this morning
                The apple example was an illustration only - I do buy my fruit loose - same with cheese, fish, meat etc - but obviously some people are buying the packaged stuff

Comment

Feck you're being picky this morning
                  I was crucified by Crassus over the weekend so I'm feeling a little cranky this morning.
                  I'm Spartacus.

Comment

It's not food packaging - it's childrens toys...

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Working...
                    X