• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mortgage advice

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mortgage advice

Hi,
    I've been contracting for a little over a year, and I'm looking for mortgage advice. I've popped into a high street bank who explained I'd need to go via an IFA/broker as they consider me to be self employed (fair enough) but as such I'd require three years of records before they'd humour me.
    I've found contractorMoney.com who were helpful, but I'd be interested in any views or advice you could give.

Thank you in advance
    Ian

I used contractor money earlier in the year and am using them again at the moment. They have been excellent - really helpful and they've found me some good mortgage deals just based on current contract.

Really recommended
    Si posse, recte, si non, quocumque modo rem

Comment

I went to see a broker shortly before starting contracting & he advised that I wouldn't get a reasonable mortgage offer based on my first contract, but that as soon as I had a second contract\renewal in place, I should be able to get a normal mortgage no problem.

I should have done the sensible thing & got it sorted out whilst still a permie. Although the mortgage loan available might not have been as high, based on my permie salary.

Comment

Contractor money worked for me.

Never mind contractor mortgagaes being difficult, try getting a mortgage after being abroad AND contracting.

Contractor Money got me a mortgage with a high street lender who had already turned me down when I approched them myself.
        They also have special deals for contractors which are better than deals for normal folk.
        I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
        Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

just go to a broker, and get a self-cert mortgage, no problems, I do it all the time.
          SA says;
          Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
          (whatever these are)

Comment

http://www.freelancemortgages.co.uk/

Haven't got a mortgage so can't attest to their products, however, they seem to be related to http://www.caunceohara.co.uk/ who I have my insurance through, and they're pretty good.
            Listen to my last album on Spotify

Comment

I had a few problems getting a mortgare (eg, Abbey saying they wanted a committment of a 1 year extension) but Halifax asked no questions at all relating to my contract work.
              my photos

Comment

Originally posted by monkeygeorge
                I had a few problems getting a mortgare (eg, Abbey saying they wanted a committment of a 1 year extension) but Halifax asked no questions at all relating to my contract work.
                I popped into halifax this morning and rather stupidly said I was a contractor up front, leading to the "3 years of records and a pint of blood please".

Thank you everyone for your advice.
                Ian

Comment

blatant , try mike at sky mortgages
                  0161 8330751

Comment

Originally posted by AnotherIan
                    Hi,
                    I've been contracting for a little over a year, and I'm looking for mortgage advice. I've popped into a high street bank who explained I'd need to go via an IFA/broker as they consider me to be self employed (fair enough) but as such I'd require three years of records before they'd humour me.
                    I've found contractorMoney.com who were helpful, but I'd be interested in any views or advice you could give.

Thank you in advance
                    Ian
                    Really? Surprising. Maybe you are a low payed contractor?

I got a mortgage 200K through Alliance and Leicester no problem, with 3 months proof of earnings.

?

Comment

Working...
                    X