• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Experience of divorce?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Experience of divorce?

Someone I know is convinced that her man is cheating - she's seen a diary and he is giving the obvious signals such as secrecy on emails/phones and out working late etc. In all fairness their marriage broke down months ago anyway.

Would she need to prove adultery and would this gain her any advantage in the eventual split-up?

My advice would be to offer him divorce with some made up unreasonable behaviour as people can get tetchy about been cited an adulterer. Keep the money in your own hands and not the lawyers. I don't think it offers any advantage in the financial settlement.
    But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

It's you isn't it
      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Proving it would be better.

You just cant say "he didnt let me read his e-mails" and expect a big payout.

Comment

That lass is a right bitch like

Regards

Sally Anne
          The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

More people start divorce proceedings in early January than any other point of the year, research suggests.
            A new website focused on the breakdown of relationships interviewed over 100 divorce law firms.

It found rates of divorce proceedings in early January can be 50% higher than at any other time of the year - with Christmas stress partly to blame.

Insidedivorce.com's survey interviewed more than 2,000 people, with 30% citing infidelity as the cause of divorce.
            http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6239855.stm

One in 10 married couples admit they have no sex at all, with men in particular citing lack of sex as a key cause of problems.
            How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Yep it's this article that reminded me about this!

I was just wondering if it's worth her going through the hassle of "proving" that her husband cheated on her?

Comment

Originally posted by TazMaN
                Would she need to prove adultery and would this gain her
                any advantage in the eventual split-up?
                It makes absolutely no difference financially or in child related arrangements. It's also much cheaper if she comes up with some trivial reason that he will agree with.

Comment

She cannot use adultery to help take her husband to the cleaners. Perhaps she might consider why her husband had an affair and try to resolve those issues . If that cannot be done, then why not just divorce amicably and fairly.

Comment

Sounds reasonable, thanks. I know it would be the easiest thing to do.

Thing is though, they have had it out about the affair and she's now convinced that he's trying to put away all of his money etc so that in the event of a divorce she can't get her hands on it. She's too simple minded and he's crafty as heck.

Comment

Working...
                    X