• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bank of England base rate held at 0.75%

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bank of England base rate held at 0.75%

Full story here:

Bank of England cuts UK growth forecast - BBC News

Keeping our kindling dry I see.

Comment

Morons at Bank of England should have increased rates to 5% by now - then they'd have some firepower left.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        Morons at Bank of England should have increased rates to 5% by now - then they'd have some firepower left.
        There'd be £2 to the $ but the government would have defaulted. My kind of Britain.

Comment

Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post
          There'd be £2 to the $ but the government would have defaulted. My kind of Britain.
          Why would the Govt default on debt issued in their own local currency? They can always print it.

Comment

Why would the Govt default on debt issued in their own local currency? They can always print it.
            In the limit printing money won't save a government from defaulting and I'm pretty much sure that at 2£ for a dollar we would be veryyyyy close to that limit!
            "The boy who cried Sheep"

Comment

Indeed. Worked out so well for Zimbabwe

Ps. They print notes, not currency. And that promise to pay gets thinner by the day.
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by CryingSheep View Post
                In the limit printing money won't save a government from defaulting and I'm pretty much sure that at 2£ for a dollar we would be veryyyyy close to that limit!
                In 10 years 1 USD will be £ 20 (English Sterling with Boris face on it )

Comment

Working...
                X