• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No more tax returns for me?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No more tax returns for me?

Just got a letter from HMRC stating

We have looked at your last Tax Return and do not propose to send you returns in the future.
    we need tax returns from you
    Does that mean:
    I am about to creep below the radar
    I have to fill on in online but they will not send it to me
    other.....

BTW I know the answer, useless feckers
    Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

I got one of them last year. Snag is, as the director of a limited company, I have to complete a tax form regardless. If you are in the same position, a polite note to tell them so would be a good move.
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
      They didn't send me a tax form to fill in this year...

I do so hope that they forgot.
      Do you have any more tax to pay? e.g. if you have already pasid an arm, you must fill in a form and pay a leg. According to my accountant, anyway.

Be careful what you say in reply - never too sure if HMRC monitor these boards. In case they do, all HMRC employees are 2@s.

Comment

Quite a few of our clients have had one of these - the letters does say that if you are a director you will need to complete one and to let them know.

If you are not sent one but are liable to complete one, you have until 5th October (after the end of the tax year) to advise them to send you one.

Alan

Comment

Originally posted by Nixon Williams
          Quite a few of our clients have had one of these - the letters does say that if you are a director you will need to complete one and to let them know.

If you are not sent one but are liable to complete one, you have until 5th October (after the end of the tax year) to advise them to send you one.

Alan
          cheers Alan, I did realise that.

BTW should be ringing you shortly, my current Acc. is peeing me off.
          Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

Working...
          X