• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Changing Recruitment Agency: Non-solicitation of Client

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changing Recruitment Agency: Non-solicitation of Client

I have been contracting through with my UK limited company through a recruitment agency for 9 months now (till Dec2006). For the first 6 months until the end of Sept./2006 I had a contract that I signed with the following clause:

"Throughout the Assignment Period and for a period of 4 months afterwards the Contractor will not and will procure that the Personnel will not provide services similar to the Services or any information technology related services in any capacity either directly or indirectly to the Client . . ."

For renewal I had a lot of issues with the agency negotiating my new contract and never signed a new one since end of Sept./2006. The client is aware of the problems I have had and is supportive and willing for me to sign my new contract with a different agency.

My question:
    Although I have been getting paid by the agency between Oct. to Dec 2006, I haven't really signed a new contract since October. As it will be 4 months by the end of January 2007 and technically I should not be covered by the above clause, do I still need to worry about switching my recruitment agency to another one?

Would appreciate any advice - especially legal!

Working...
X