• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The price of bread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The price of bread

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/6240619.stm

1970 - 9p
    1980 - 33p
    1990 - 50p
    2000 - 52p
    2007 - 94p

SOURCE: ONS

and New Labour have had the lowest inflation ever.

Bread? What's bread?

If it's not a fruit or a vegetable, I'm not interested
    The pope is a tard.

Comment

I heard you were a salad dodger.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn
        http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/6240619.stm

1970 - 9p
        1980 - 33p
        1990 - 50p
        2000 - 52p
        2007 - 94p

SOURCE: ONS

and New Labour have had the lowest inflation ever.

Or 85p for a kilo of wholemeal flour, 24p for about 4 sachets of yeast, 0p for hand hot water, 10p for a dessert spoon of olive oil, 000.4p for a teaspoon of salt.

Makes about 4 decent sized wholemeal loaves at about 30p each - less than a loaf in 1980.

Comment

I don't eat bread either.. but you all know it was Jesus's favourite food.... he loved the stuff and fed armies with it

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn
            I heard you were a salad dodger.

That was the old me - the new me is soon to be a ravishing salad-munching beauty
            The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne
              That was the old me - the new me is soon to be a ravishing salad-munching beauty
              What exercise regime did you decide on in the end?

Comment

It's like the price of computers, innit?

I think you'll find though that the bread component in the cpi has been hedonically adjusted because you're getting additional value due to the extra bread-type enjoyment you experience caused by those little seeds they put in these days.

Therefore, adjusting for the above values a loaf really only costs 1.029p

Comment

Originally posted by bobhope
                  It's like the price of computers, innit?

I think you'll find though that the bread component in the cpi has been hedonically adjusted because you're getting additional value due to the extra bread-type enjoyment you experience caused by those little seeds they put in these days.

Therefore, adjusting for the above values a loaf really only costs 1.029p
                  You are Tony Blair and I claim my £5.

Why is it that these days a spade has to be called an optimum logic sub stratum revelation device?

Comment

Im more impressed by the lack of increase between 1990 and 2000!

Mailman

Comment

Working...
                    X