• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Shredded a cheque!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shredded a cheque!

Feck feck feckity feck. Got a cheque and I've gone and shredded it like a goon. Because it was in a folded bit of paper it hasn't actually destroyed it, just made it a nice shape

Don't suppose there's any chance a bank will accept it is there? I don't want to ask the customer for another as

a) it took while to get this one and
    b) I'll look like a tit!

I need a good excuse so they'll send me another. Was thinking about admitting that I'm a tit and sending an SAE asking for another cheque. But that's not very inventive so thinking caps on and give me a good excuse!

Originally posted by Epiphone
    Feck feck feckity feck. Got a cheque and I've gone and shredded it like a goon. Because it was in a folded bit of paper it hasn't actually destroyed it, just made it a nice shape

Don't suppose there's any chance a bank will accept it is there? I don't want to ask the customer for another as

a) it took while to get this one and
    b) I'll look like a tit!

I need a good excuse so they'll send me another. Was thinking about admitting that I'm a tit and sending an SAE asking for another cheque. But that's not very inventive so thinking caps on and give me a good excuse!
    How much was it for?

Comment

I got an inspection by the taxman and all my Co. official documentation has been requisitioned pending deportation to Devil's Island.. Could you please send a new cheque to the following address:

Mr Epiphone
      c/o Henri Charrière
      Devil's Island
      French Guiana

Alternative payment in food supply and cigarettes can be arranged
      Carpe Pactum

(does fuzzy logic tickle?)

Comment

Originally posted by el duder
        How much was it for?
        £67.50p

Comment

£67.50p
          That should buy enough coconut shells to build your raft
          Carpe Pactum

(does fuzzy logic tickle?)

Comment

Are you good at jigsaws?

Comment

£67.50p

Comment

You will be surprised what a bank will accept. Just go in and bank it today, if they tell you to feck off bring plan B into action and tell them you never received the cheque, can they send out again.

Comment

Originally posted by Ardesco
                  You will be surprised what a bank will accept. Just go in and bank it today, if they tell you to feck off bring plan B into action and tell them you never received the cheque, can they send out again.
                  I'd second this, and if plan B is needed, ask the client why they have not sent it yet!!!
                  SA says;
                  Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
                  (whatever these are)

Comment

£67.50

Your daily rate no doubt!!!
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                    X