• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Benefit: working outside Central London

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Benefit: working outside Central London

How much would you rate the benefit of working outside Central London?

I'd reckon around 10-20k a year for me.
    I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Originally posted by Francko
    How much would you rate the benefit of working outside Central London?

I'd reckon around 10-20k a year for me.
    Why? Everything is cheaper outside of London. So if you got the same rate you would be better off.

Comment

Originally posted by el duder
      Why? Everything is cheaper outside of London. So if you got the same rate you would be better off.
      Exactly. X salary working outside Central London = X + 10/20k salary in Central London
      I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Originally posted by Francko
        Exactly. X salary working outside Central London = X + 10/20k salary in Central London
        We don't talk about salary here - that's permie speak...

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore
          We don't talk about salary here - that's permie speak...

10 / 20k = money. A year. Divide by the number of days you worked to get an accurate amount per hour. Bring over your calculator to cover your evident mathematics deficiencies.

Comment

You could always rephrase it to ask what rate differential you would look at instead?
            Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

They say 9k a year but I think its a lot higher.

London in my eyes is a heap. I can earn more in the midlands for my line of work and its cheaper than London so I'm happy.

Comment

Priceless.

I wouldn't work in London again.
                Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Done my time in London and won't be back. Rates in Scotland are comparable with the rest of the UK so I don't have to move very far which is a bonus.

Current gig is working from home for at least a year with occasional travel to the US so no complaints.
                  Me, me, me...

Comment

why do you aks Franco, have you left your permie job?

Comment

Working...
                    X