• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Possible Online Self Assessment Bug

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possible Online Self Assessment Bug

I think there is a bug on the online self assessment system has anyone also seen the following. Tried explaining to their helpline but they were totally useless, just shipped in off the street

Basically I did it online and submitted it, once submitted I could see a number of icons on the left of the screen, one of them was called 'Tax Calculation' which showed a summary of your 05/06 return, balancing payments and payments on account due. The other option 'View/Print/Save' let you actually see the return.

Now Im compared like them to each other, the figures were the same in both, HOWEVER, if I selected the 'Tax Calculation' option I would display the following,

'Tax Calculation'
    Balancing Payment 05/06 £50
    1st Payment on account 06/07 £100
    2nd Payment on account 06/07 £100
    Total Due 31 Jan 07 £150

However if I looked on the figures hanging of the Actual Tax return they were the same but dates were different. They were telling me I had a balancing payment for 05/06 but that my first payment on account for 05/06 was also due, how can I pay a payment on account for a tax year already gone.

'View/Print/Save Option'
    Balancing Payment 05/06 £50
    1st Payment on account 05/06 £100
    2nd Payment on account 05/06 £100
    Total Due 31 Jan 07 £150

So tax calc right with payment on account for 06/07 but dates used in return are 05/06. That sounds like crap to me, anyone else seen this ?

Working...
X