• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tenancy application

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tenancy application

oh why is this so complicated!? I am filling out a form for a tenancy application and need to put down my employment details. I am currently contracting through my own limited company. The questions are:

Present Occupation: Employed/Self Employed/On Contract/<others that arent appropriate>

So do I just tick "On Contract" ? Or do I also tick self-employed?

Then it has space for employers details, now should that be the company I am contracting for or my own limited company as that is technically who "employs" me.
    It asks for line manager/HR/other contact - again, is that someone at the company that I am working at? Surely I cant put myself down as contact for the company?

Your employed. (if you are the MD anyway)

Your client is the end client. Your employer is your LTD co.

Dont say the client employs you Hector will be down on you like a ton of bricks.

Comment

lol - I am IR35 caught anyway so thats not really a problem is it.

Surely if I say I am employed, and put down my limited company as the employer, then they call me to ask if the person on the form works for me - it is kinda dodgy no?

Comment

Nope. Give them your wifes number and make a name up. Not like its legally binding or anything.

Comment

Originally posted by dave76
          lol - I am IR35 caught anyway so thats not really a problem is it.

Surely if I say I am employed, and put down my limited company as the employer, then they call me to ask if the person on the form works for me - it is kinda dodgy no?
          I think that you are assuming the system is stupid.

It isn't (though the person operating it might be). It knows perfectly well that for a person whos employment status is 'company director', a reference from the company is meaningless. They will ask you for other proof (probably from your accountant).

You seem to be forgetting that there are lots of people who are company directors who are't consultants with an end client. These people can't 'pretend' that someone else is employing them, but the system copes.

tim

Comment

not stupid as such - just trying to figure out what to put on this form as it doesnt seem to account for my situation very well. Think I will just stick my accountants details down seperately then.

Comment

Working...
            X