• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

20,000 extra US troops to Iraq

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

20,000 extra US troops to Iraq

For what? What's the goal?

If I was an insurgent I would just melt away and wait till they're gone.
    Postponing the inevitable.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

To find the WMD of course.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru
      To make GB look as though he's doing something to those folks with votes.
      I'm Spartacus.

Comment

The yanks did the same thing in Vietnam ... But still got kicked in the teeth. But the I guess, the VC had more crafts than the Arabs ... i.e. they don't like to strap TNT to their body.
        Johnny Talibani Mumbai

Comment

My view is that the 20,000 extra troops will be ncessary to maintain order in Baghdad as a potential millitary attack upon Iran by US/Israel will provoke an uprising by the Baghdad Shias - the current US millitary could be overwhelmed if a Shia uprising against Iranian millitary strikes were to happen.

The US currently has a formidbale fleetof battleships deployed in the Gulf and if the Sunday Times is correct ...

The Sunday Times of January 7, 2007 has the following headline:

REVEALED: ISRAEL PLANS NUCLEAR STRIKE ON IRAN

Uzi Mahnaimi, New York and Sarah Baxter, Washington

ISRAEL has drawn up secret plans to destroy Iran's uranium enrichment facilities with tactical nuclear weapons.

The above is not a well kept secret - however if attacked by Israel then Iran will hit back at US targets as well, its fleet being very vulnerable to Sunburst Missles.

The most frigthening aspect of the above scenario would be that Pakistan could find Mushareet displaced by Islamic radicals - armed with 300+ Nuclear warheads - a rather chilling thought.

Then again the above could all simply be sabre rattling to extract concessions from the Iranian domcestic Nuclear program - lets hope so.

Comment

If I was an insurgent I would just melt away
            Any chance we could could coax you into becoming one then? We're all stocked out with idiots on here already!
            “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy
              Any chance we could could coax you into becoming one then? We're all stocked out with idiots on here already!

Only if you become a squaddie again, so I can use your obese, lardy arse for RPG practice. Not that hitting such a large target would be much of an achievement.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy

Sorry for interuppting your dispute SB - Happy New Year to you and how the devil are you these days ? You must have had a bit of a laugh over the recent Rangers debacle - I hope the SFA sues them - splitters !!!

Maybe the SFA should give Kenny D the job ....

Comment

Only if you become a squaddie again, so I can use your obese, lardy arse for RPG practice. Not that hitting such a large target would be much of an achievement.
                  sas,
                  weapons of that type are for use by real men only. Not for hairdresser types like you. Stick to what you know. If you do intend any sort of offensive then launch it with your hair-straighteners and your mousse canisters, they'll be more familiar to you.
                  “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock
                    Sorry for interuppting your dispute SB - Happy New Year to you and how the devil are you these days ? You must have had a bit of a laugh over the recent Rangers debacle - I hope the SFA sues them - splitters !!!

Maybe the SFA should give Kenny D the job ....
                    Hi AJP, Happy New Year to you too. I'm stuck in the Office today so am amusing myself by slapping sas around a bit. In between that, and the odd little smidgen of actual work, I am also chuckling over the furore at Ibrox. Talk about "Send in the Clowns"?
                    Not sure about Kenny D for the Scotland Job, but they could do worse. Graeme Sourpuss is still out of work for example!!

Comment

Working...
                    X