• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Women in IT

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Women in IT

Sorry ladies but they just don't mix. I've never met a woman that knows her stuff in all my years in IT.

But they are useful for 'office decoration', running errands & making the tea HTH
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Well, personally, I haven't met many men that do!
      They aren't even decorative in the majority.
      I had to take three years out recently for family reasons, and I still know more than many of the guys I have worked with, in the Wintel arena

Comment

Originally posted by dmini
        I had to take three years out recently for family reasons, and I still know more than many of the guys I have worked with, in the Wintel arena
        Don't feed the troll.
        +50 Xeno Geek Points
        Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
        As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by dmini
          I've read & re-read that and I am still struggling to understand what it is you are trying to say

Comment

That's another thing, when they do work in IT it's in the Wintel environments.....not in proper IT. They're all paper-MCSEs. They make Mordac look educated.

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy
              Don't feed the troll.
              Be nice to trolls

Comment

Originally posted by DGK
                Sorry ladies but they just don't mix. I've never met a woman that knows her stuff in all my years in IT.

The women I have worked with have mostly been very good. Current one on project is probably best of the permies!

She is clearly upset by lack of women on the team - she recently suggested hiring more women to which someone replied - "great : the more totty the better".

Comment

Originally posted by DGK
                  I've never met a woman in IT full stop.

Comment

El duder, you've never met a woman - full stop.

The ones in those magazines don't count.
                    I'm Spartacus.

Comment

Working...
                    X