• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

To www or . . .

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To www or . . .

not to www?

I'm in turmoil, facing one of the most difficult decisions of recent times. stationary knocked up, which will include my website address. Now, in seems to be more common now to drop the www off websites (I've noticed this on adverts, etc).

Which way is the world going? www or no www?

Decisions, decision - I may have to employ some minimum wager to take such important decisions for my Ltd!

Depends on the length of the name.

I prefer the www.ltd_name.co.uk for mine as its very short (name is 6 chars) so it looks slightly longer on the cv.

Comment

I agree, I'm in the same boat. I think I will drop the WWW, mine is also 6 characters!

Comment

Hmmm, mine is 4 characters (plus co.uk). Maybe that'll look a little too short?!

I'll get the stationery designers to knock up a few designs.

Comment

Goya, Who are you using for the stationery supply?

Comment

I like the www I so I can shout wibbly wobbly woo when I type it in.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by Daywalker
              Goya, Who are you using for the stationery supply?
              I've had a logo designed by logopro.co.uk, who also do a package which provides stationery designs, word\email templates, etc.

I'm not sure which printer I'm going to use to produce the business cards, letterheads & compliment slips yet (will wait till I receive the final design files). Logopro also offered a service to supply the prints, but it looked a bit too pricey, due to the volume they supply (can't see me using 1000 letterheads\compliment slips in a hurry).

Comment

Working...
              X