• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

End of the UK

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

End of the UK

The United Kingdom's existence as a single country is at risk from nationalists, Gordon Brown says
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/6258089.stm

Rejoice
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Originally posted by Troll
    If a split up of the UK meant no more Scottish MPs in Westminster or No. 10, then I'm all for it
    Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman
      If a split up of the UK meant no more Scottish MPs in Westminster or No. 10, then I'm all for it
      So you can see where Gordon Brown is coming from. The Jocks prop up Labour.

Comment

mmm

Comment

If Scotland / Wales leave the union, it's unlikely NL would ever be in power again. If Northern England were to go too, SE England or whatever it would be called would be one of the wealthiest (GDP per head) countries in the world.

Dunno who would then be the cannon fodder for all those foreign excursions though.

Comment

I think London should declare independance! border controls at the M25...

Comment

god imagine how much spare money we'd have if we got rid of Scotland and wales!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mervalous
                god imagine how much spare money we'd have if we got rid of Scotland and wales!!
                Exactly. We've been funding these 3rd world neighbours of ours way too long.
                Once the break up is complete, we should cut them off and let them float away.
                Call the cops

Comment

Originally posted by freakydancer
                  Exactly. We've been funding these 3rd world neighbours of ours way too long.
                  Once the break up is complete, we should cut them off and let them float away.
                  Certainly re-build Hadrians wall & Offas dyke (or a £1000 toll for Eastbound over the Seven Bridge) - the sooner we get shot of these Scottish feckers deciding(milking) Englands fate - the better
                  How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by andrew_neil_uk
                    I think London should declare independance! border controls at the M25...
                    Absolutely!

Annex all the counties around us too. We need to make sure we have the airports and a clear route to the sea. Leave the EU, tell the rest of the country to find their own currency (or adopt the Euro if the want), make an offer to the Scots to take the nuclear subs off their hands and we are SORTED!
                    Drivel is my speciality

Comment

Working...
                    X