• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Life Insurance

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Life Insurance

Guys,

Wondering if anyone has any recommendations on life insurance? Recently became a new dad and guess that's when these things start to become important.

My wife has some already through her work, so something specifically for me (LTD company, etc)?

Also on a similar note, any advice on income protection type of thing if suffering serious injury or laid up for a while?

Cheers.
    Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Originally posted by snaw
    Guys,

Wondering if anyone has any recommendations on life insurance? Recently became a new dad and guess that's when these things start to become important.

My wife has some already through her work, so something specifically for me (LTD company, etc)?

Also on a similar note, any advice on income protection type of thing if suffering serious injury or laid up for a while?

Cheers.
    There are several ways that you can write a life assurance policy and a big discrepancy on premiums from the providers as some life offices major on this type of protection and some don't. You also need to conside rthe number of policies that are accepted on standard terms. In other words, some companies offer what appear to be the best rates but are renowned for increasing the premiums before acceptance.

No real advantage to having the company take out the policy on the life of an individual, better to have it on a personal basis.

Income protection is available, avrious deferred periods (ie how long you have to be unable to work before policy commences payment). Make sure you get a policy that covers own occupation, not any occupation.

Comment

Working...
    X