• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

WxMan on the Telly tonight !

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WxMan on the Telly tonight !

Tornado Britain: An Equinox Special - Channel 4 - 6:40pm , Sunday
    www.stormtrack.co.uk - My Stormchasing website.

Which one were you?
    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

The TORRO expert in the Blue Shirt, and the blue Golf R32 They also showed a fair bit of my footage that I have shot in the USA over the years...
      Last edited by wxman; 15 January 2007, 00:50.

Comment

Are we doomed then? 33 tornados a year comes as a bit of a suprise. Apart from the two recent ones, and the one that hit Sussex a few years back, I really can't remember ever hearing about tornados in the UK.

Do you get to run around with Helen Hunt in a tight T-shirt? Nice work if you can get it.
        Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Actually the 33 / year figure comes from the 30 year average from our 1972 – 2002 stats. However 2003 – 2006 average out at 62 / per year. This we suspect (due to media exposure) that more reports are coming forward. We have no idea how many reports we have missed over the years..

I should state that these are CONFIRMED tornado occurrences – someone from TORRO has ether walked the damage track or photographic images of the tornado itself have come forward – FYI we write off approx 50% of reports as these are clearly just high wind damage and nothing more.

Given that the 62 Tornados / year over the UK remains a constant average then yes! The UK is the most tornado prone area of the world – and this is ahead Oklahoma State (53/Year).

FYI I have long been interested in the Weather - Being a Contractor means that I can spend a month away in May as well as Hurricane intercepts in September – no permie could do this.

I do sell on the video that I shoot – a Tornado that I caught in Kansas in 2004 (VERY dramatic) has currently pulled in over £10K with most sales going to Japan / USA – while Hurricane Rita is now running at about £4K – so I do make some money out of weather chasing.

Apart from Video sales, appearances on programmes such as Equinox fetch £1K and shows such as “Richard and Judy” (done that one twice) pull just £250 – but it all helps out in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by wxman
            FYI I have long been interested in the Weather - Being a Contractor means that I can spend a month away in May as well as Hurricane intercepts in September – no permie could do this.
            Did you also used to be into Train Spotting as well? - kudos though for making your hobby/interest pay
            How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Working...
            X