• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

My Rickenbacker

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Rickenbacker

330 semi-acoustic, with rosewod neck, maple body and "humbuckers" arrived at the weekend

A bit "oversized", compared to solid body guitars I'm used to, though sleeker than most semi-acoustics, but f** what a sound, alll those Beatles riffs suddenly sound authentic. When you play the "Hard Day's night" opening chord, you just wait for John to start singing, All my loving rythim actually sounds like it.

I haven't played it through an amp yet.

I think now I'll put it in the attic.
    I'm alright Jack

Thought you were talking about a WWI fighter pilot there for a second!

Mailman

Comment

picked up my basic acoustic last week, and a book on how to get started, s can do 3/4 major coards, but I don't know if it sounds right!
      SA says;
      Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
      (whatever these are)

Comment

Originally posted by n5gooner
        picked up my basic acoustic last week, and a book on how to get started, s can do 3/4 major coards, but I don't know if it sounds right!
        they say guitars are back in fashion.

1 mill sold last year, and now city bankers are taking rock super camps!

http://www.rockandrollfantasycamp.co...te_/index.html

only 9k for 1 week.

Comment

...aha really...

The reason I rushed to buy the Rick 330 was because to order one normally takes two years, and this was the only shop I could find that had one available. I was a bit non-plussed as to who the f** was buying all these guitars.
          I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by Mailman
            Thought you were talking about a WWI fighter pilot there for a second!

Mailman
            I thought he was going on about where Sherlock Holmes had his conflict with Professor Moriarty. But that was Reichenbach.
            Drivel is my speciality

Comment

Originally posted by n5gooner
              Don't worry about tuning etc at the moment gooner- get your rhythm and timing sorted out before worrying about chords.

Never thought I'd help a gooner. I'm a yid!!
              Call the cops

Comment

Originally posted by freakydancer
                Don't worry about tuning etc at the moment gooner- get your rhythm and timing sorted out before worrying about chords.

Never thought I'd help a gooner. I'm a yid!!

hey man, thanks for the tip, I know a coupple of yids, there not too bad, if a bit odd....
                SA says;
                Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
                (whatever these are)

Comment

poor thing. so you fell for the hype of a rickenbacker [spit], not knowing that the sound you're after is really due to a compressor in the line. not to worry. there are those whose lot is forever to be the poor cousin. those of us in the gibson/fender clan know what's what...

Comment

Originally posted by scotspine
                    poor thing. so you fell for the hype of a rickenbacker [spit], not knowing that the sound you're after is really due to a compressor in the line. not to worry. there are those whose lot is forever to be the poor cousin. those of us in the gibson/fender clan know what's what...
                    Never mind Blaster, I learned on a piece of Chinese tulip that cut my fingers the action was so bad.

Enjoy your new guitar, it might just change your life!
                    Me, me, me...

Comment

Working...
                    X