• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contract market in Switz/Nederlands more active than in UK????

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contract market in Switz/Nederlands more active than in UK????

I don't know if it's just a first impression and perhaps wrong but by a quick search on job serve for contracts Switzerland/Netherlands/Belgium seem to have a lot more opportunities than UK. Now, if you specify London then a long list of permie jobs is retrieved.

What happened to the contract market in UK??????
    I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

We outsourced it to India for a quick buck.

HTH

G Brown.
    First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Originally posted by Francko
      What happened to the contract market in UK??????
      Swamped by Immigrants HTH
      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Yes Switzerland is growing fast. There are some big companies moving out there from the UK.
        I'm alright Jack

Comment

Kraft foods is moving. It's come to something when the cost base in the UK is higher than CH!

Comment

I heard a rumour that ABN is recruiting big time but has no office space in UK so wants staff in Holland. But I heard another rumour that they are about to sack a few hundred.

Comment

Can the Indian bodyshops operate in Switzerland?
              How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll
                Can the Indian bodyshops operate in Switzerland?
                No, they can't. They are smarter there.
                I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

In fact there are heaps of Indians working in Switzerland. It's very easy for them to get the visas.
                  I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates
                    In fact there are heaps of Indians working in Switzerland. It's very easy for them to get the visas.
                    There are a few (especially at the multinational banks) but not on the same scale as in the UK - i.e. visas aren't handed out like sweeties. It can be difficult enough for Aussies / Americans to work there, never mind other nationalities.

Comment

Working...
                    X