• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Revenge pricing

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Revenge pricing

I’ve just made a sale to a company who turned me down for a contract several years ago. Out of spite I added 25% to the price I charge for the same thing to another client. They swallowed it, no questions asked. I should have gone for more.

They even want to pay for a change to one of the calculations. I’ve just looked and it turns out to be a simple bug (getting variance and standard distribution mixed up). It was originally done in a rush and the other client doesn’t use it, so it was never picked up.

Not a bad start to the week. I bet it will go downhill from here.
    Drivel is my speciality

I don't think that you're so much overcharging as undercharging.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Overbearing is the word I would have used.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

So you are now charging them £1.25 an hour instead of £1?

SCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORE!

Mailman

Comment

Originally posted by Mailman
          So you are now charging them £1.25 an hour instead of £1?

SCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORE!

Mailman
          I wish I could charge that much! I've got to keep my prices down. It's a very competitive market with all those highly skilled Indians that are far better than all of us. Which is very true in my case.
          Drivel is my speciality

Comment

Working...
          X