• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Shock Horror - New Labour is tulip

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shock Horror - New Labour is tulip

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6261973.stm

Government claims of successes on law and order since 1997 are "overstated" and "misleading", a study has said.

The Centre for Crime and Justice Studies, at London's King's College, said billions spent on reform had not yielded significant improvements.

Spending on law and order had risen dramatically and proportionately now cost more than in the US, it said.

tax & waste!!!!
    Johnny Talibani Mumbai

Comment

Pigeons coming home to roost- weird how the Beeb has recently started to air anti Labour articles - wonder if Brown is behind this to discredit his Tonyness
      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll
        Pigeons coming home to roost- weird how the Beeb has recently started to air anti Labour articles - wonder if Brown is behind this to discredit his Tonyness
        I wondered that. Watched Judge John Deed with Mrs Galt and it was massively anti-Goverment but only really with regards to Iraq

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
          That prog about prosecuting Bliar is on tonight, I think.
          That is on More 4 (Ch4 on Thursday), not the BBC. the BBC have just pulled a production on the Stockwell Tube shooting. Make of that what you will

Comment

Originally posted by zathras
            That is on More 4 (Ch4 on Thursday), not the BBC. the BBC have just pulled a production on the Stockwell Tube shooting. Make of that what you will
            Prob coz they are trying the guys.Prejudicial and all that ....
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
              That prog about prosecuting Bliar is on tonight, I think.
              I am just getting ready to watch it
              Tony Blair on trial tonight
              Prime Minister Tony Blair faces trial by both theatre and television as he prepares to step down and the debate over his role in the Iraq war intensifies.
              Tonight, Channel 4 presents "The Trial of Tony Blair"
              http://www.channel4.com/more4/drama/...ony/index.html

Comment

Originally posted by John Galt
                I wondered that. Watched Judge John Deed with Mrs Galt and it was massively anti-Goverment but only really with regards to Iraq
                I enjoyed that for the first couple of episodes, but got a bit fed up with the way those back-room weasel politicos constantly seemed to be trying to talk Deed into giving the verdict they wanted. It's depressing to think that goes on in real life, but presumably it does.
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                X