• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contract Market at the moment

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contract Market at the moment

Quite a few contracts posted these days but most seem to be where the budget isn't signed off yet - what are your experiences?

My CV must be in for about 15 jobs now, yet I'm not hearing back off many of them.

A couple of interviews this week, but nothing from the rest of them.

I think companies are seeing who is out there and then deciding if they can afford them.
    The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne
      My CV must be in for about 15 jobs now, yet I'm not hearing back off many of them.

A couple of interviews this week, but nothing from the rest of them.

I think companies are seeing who is out there and then deciding if they can afford them.

what do you do?

Comment

Originally posted by el duder
        what do you do?
        Eats a lot of pies I would guess
        Call the cops

Comment

haven't you been paying attention...
          --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SA - Is it like a dragons nostril?

Comment

there are loads of contracts out there, however there are is a huge volume of people looking for work.

This is the busiest january i have seen in a long time, both in terms of jobs out there and candidates applying. averaging about 80 responses. which is probably why you can be "in for" jobs and not hear anything as there's 79 other people who are also "in for" things.
            GREED IS GOOD

Comment

Originally posted by phonemonkey
              there are loads of contracts out there, however there are is a huge volume of people looking for work.

This is the busiest january i have seen in a long time, both in terms of jobs out there and candidates applying. averaging about 80 responses. which is probably why you can be "in for" jobs and not hear anything as there's 79 other people who are also "in for" things.
              A pimp contact of mine has said the same thing recently. Everyone wants a new contract at the mo it seems...
              Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by Xenophon
                A pimp contact of mine has said the same thing recently. Everyone wants a new contract at the mo it seems...
                ... and lots of newbies flooding onto the market
                How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by phonemonkey

Only 79.... wow that's a change from 2689 average applicants per job in 2003.
                  I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

"A couple of interviews this week, but nothing from the rest of them."

Oh dear, oh dear. I have a 100% interview to offer ratio.

Why are you not getting anything SA?
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                    X