• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

home contents insurance

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

home contents insurance

when they ask if any business is being undertaken at the address what do people say
    myCo it registered at my home address and i work from home sometimes on client projects... I guess I answered my own question..
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SA - Is it like a dragons nostril?

Go on , indulge in some white collar crime!
    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Me and my lad both use our home as a business address, but we never told the insurance people, as the way they worded it didn't apply (i.e. they said something like "do you regularly trade from your house" or "do you have customers at your site" or something like that).

We got broke into, claimed and no problems with this.

Of course, if any of our business things had gone missing during the break in, I wouldn't have claimed on the house insurance, but on my company insurance.
      The pope is a tard.

Comment

Hiscox allow a small home business to be run under their normal insurance cover.
        Two-person max with admin or light clerical duties only, IIRC.

Comment

Working...
        X