• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Happy 300th birthday UK

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy 300th birthday UK

Happy 300th birthday UK.

I can't help wondering what other countries would be doing if it were them. Probably a bank holiday and parties all round, like July 4th, Australia Day and Bastille Day I suppose.

So much for New Labour and their New Love for the United Kingdom.

Feck the Scots, and the Welsh, and the Irish I say!

As for Cornish Separatist, commie pinko lefty subversives, just don't get me started!

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill
      Feck the Scots, and the Welsh, and the Irish I say!

As for Cornish Separatist, commie pinko lefty subversives, just don't get me started!
      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100
        Happy 300th birthday UK.

I can't help wondering what other countries would be doing if it were them. Probably a bank holiday and parties all round, like July 4th, Australia Day and Bastille Day I suppose.

So much for New Labour and their New Love for the United Kingdom.
        Hear Hear!! Congratulations to Blighty. We have ruled the world, and remained unconquered for 300 years. So what if there has been an upsurge in bigots coming out of the closets lately? There have always been small-minded people about. They are of no import.
        Together the sum of the parts is greater than the individual bits IMHO and we should be rejoicing at our combined contribution to the World at large!
        “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy
          Hear Hear!! Congratulations to Blighty. We have ruled the world, and remained unconquered for 300 years. So what if there has been an upsurge in bigots coming out of the closets lately? There have always been small-minded people about. They are of no import.
          Together the sum of the parts is greater than the individual bits IMHO and we should be rejoicing at our combined contribution to the World at large!
          Spoken like a true hanger on!

Churchill - In "You only sing when you're winning" mode!

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill
            Spoken like a true hanger on!

Churchill - In "You only sing when you're winning" mode!
            Well that would be the last time we played both Football and Rugby then?
            Can we perhaps play you at Cricket soon?
            “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy
              I think I need to lie down in a darkened room. I have just found myself in absolute agreement with SB.
              I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
              Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman
                I think I need to lie down in a darkened room. I have just found myself in absolute agreement with SB.
                More worryingly for you, I don't think this is the first time either. I believe you can get therapy for it however. The therapy is free in Scotland but a charge is levied down south.

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman
                  I agree with SB too. Let's keep the traditional model whereby all the colonial subjects e.g. the Scots, provide the cannon fodder necessary for England's continuing dominance.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru
                    England's continuing dominance.

Comment

Working...
                    X