• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Code Monkeys !

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Code Monkeys !

Supposed to produce the new systems' interfaces specs.. how am I supposed to do this, the IT guys (2 developers) are so thick, I sent them all the information that is required (not difficult just tell me does this system talks to this system? if so what kind and format of data is being exchanged) they are so stupid-bloody code monkeys- apparently there are no documentation at all and they have to go and read all the code to find out this information !!

Before you ask - I don't have access to the systems hence can't do it myself

Oh well .. at least I have a good looking PM this time... he's sweet too

Originally posted by SandyDown
    apparently there are no documentation at all and they have to go and read all the code to find out this information !!
    I've been there working on large systems where the only information is in peoples heads, and could I get it out of them ggrrrrrrr
    Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

I've got this dopey bint working here at the moment - gave her a simple task of producing the interface spec & she's gone off yelling at the developers in a PMS type fit!!

I don't know what it is, but she spends most of her time making big eyes at me rather than getting on with her work!
      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll
        I don't know what it is, but she spends most of her time making big eyes at me rather than getting on with her work!
        Maybe she can't believe how ugly you are.
        The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

LOL

Comment

Originally posted by MrsGoof
            I've been there working on large systems where the only information is in peoples heads, and could I get it out of them ggrrrrrrr

Wish it was in their head, it seems the 2 developer are more interested in slagging each other in front of me than doing the work, each one complains how useless the other is and takes the time to tell me stories of the other's failures .... I have to smile sweetly and pretend am interested, while inside my head am screaming ' I DON'T GIVE A FECK YOU WANKAR - JUST GET ON WITH WORK'

Comment

I've got this dopey bint working here at the moment - gave her a simple task of producing the interface spec & she's gone off yelling at the developers in a PMS type fit!!

teeeheee - he just caught me looking at his crutch too

Comment

There's no proof that SandyDown is female - just a word to the wise.

Comment

Originally posted by SandyDown
                  teeeheee - he just caught me looking at his crutch too
                  stop it you naughty minx
                  How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

stop it you naughty minx

Its OK I also caught him looking down my top as I was drawing on my pad to explain to him SOA - just looked up and caught him having a good look

Comment

Working...
                    X