• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tories and IR35

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tories and IR35

The way NL are self destructing its looking like the tories might nick the next election. Based on that assumption and given that Oliver Letwin (the ex shadow Chancellor) said he would abolish IR35 , would this be enough for you to vote tory?

I would!.

Certainly not, as I will be retired and will certainly vote for whichever party promises to make you tax dodgers pay your fair share.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Nope.

Never have, never will.
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

I am hopping that I will not have a vote at the next general election as I won’t be in the country by then. I don’t want to tell ‘em where I’ve gone, so I can't have a postal vote.

I’ve gone past the vote Tory stage and I’m on to UKIP. Not quite at the BNP point yet. The Tories will have to commit to putting nuLieBore on trial and making them pay compensation to us for what they have done before I vote for them.
        Drivel is my speciality

Comment

Originally posted by Buffoon
          The Tories will have to commit to putting nuLieBore on trial and making them pay compensation to us for what they have done before I vote for them.
          On trial, because you don't want to pay taxes? Get help.

Comment

The Tories will have to commit to putting nuLieBore on trial and making them pay compensation to us for what they have done before I vote for them.
            I wonder if putting Blair on trial for war crimes / etc would be good for a parties election manifesto
            How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaqqer
              Nope.

Never have, never will.
              Thats the spirit! Why vote for someone who could possibly improve your lot (hopefully remove a lot of the stealth taxes introduced by El Gordo) when you could just be a little sheep and follow everyone else.

Tony (and soon Gordo) relies on people like you!

Mailman

Comment

Originally posted by expat
                On trial, because you don't want to pay taxes? Get help.
                I need to get some serious help; that is true.

It's not the taxes alone that are making me want to leave the country. I'm getting old and want to live in the sun is a big reason.

I want B'Liar tried/convicted on corruption and treason charges. Then he should be hung, drawn and quartered in Parliament Square live on prime-time telly.
                Drivel is my speciality

Comment

I want B'Liar tried/convicted on corruption and treason charges. Then he should be hung, drawn and quartered in Parliament Square live on prime-time telly.
                  There you go again - you all keep forgetting about putting the head on a spike outside Traitors Gate...without this it just wouldn't be complete
                  How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Sorry, I get forgetful in my dotage.
                    Drivel is my speciality

Comment

Working...
                    X