• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

It ain't over, till it's Everton

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It ain't over, till it's Everton

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/m...de/6261167.stm

Stallone greeted by Everton fans

Stallone is a friend of Blues shareholder Robert Earl
    The Rocky and Rambo star Sylvester Stallone took to the football pitch at Goodison Park before watching Everton play Reading.
    Stallone, 60, got a rousing reception from the 30,000 plus crowd on Sunday as he held up a blue-and-white Everton scarf and punched the air on the field.

He said cheers from the 30,000-strong crowd turned him into an Everton fan.

Stallone is a friend of Blues shareholder Robert Earl and is in the UK to promote his latest film.

Rocky Balboa is his sixth film in the series.

The original Rocky, released in 1976, told the story of a small-time boxer from Philadelphia who gets a shot at the world heavyweight title.

Speaking at the match, Stallone said he thought David Beckham would be a "big hit" in the United States when he starts playing for LA Galaxy.

"That's it! We've decided to steal your entire sport," he said.

"We're bringing it west. No, actually I think it's fantastic, history repeats itself, maybe the seventies was too soon, with Pele and Beckenbauer, this could be great for everybody."
    I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

I thought only people like Ray Charles & Stevie Wonder supported Everton

Comment

When I saw the match, I couldn't help but wonder what Stallone has done to his face!

As for the Beckham thing, we'll see!

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100
        When I saw the match, I couldn't help but wonder what Stallone has done to his face!
        Snap, and he's put on a few pounds. Mind you he ain't as bad as his mum, thats a gorehound and a half!
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt
          Snap, and he's put on a few pounds. Mind you he ain't as bad as his mum, thats a gorehound and a half!
          Well, that's normal when you have recently build mass because of less training. Your body relaxes and some muscle turns into fat.
          I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Originally posted by Francko
            Well, that's normal when you have recently build mass because of less training. Your body relaxes and some muscle turns into fat.

Nonsense, you very rarely meet an Everton fan who is portly. They tend to be educated and erudite, what else would one expect of ambassadors from the 'city of culture'.

ahem.
            (\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Watch it you lot!!!

Comment

Working...
              X