• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

By George!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

By George!

Mohammed overtakes George in list of most popular names.

Or Walter, or Maud for the girls

Connor, Bradley and Liam, sound like popular ASBO signatories of the future.

and Oliver, always makes me think of some obnoxious fat wannabe middle class woman shouting "OLIVER, COME HERE OLIVER" while stocking up on cheap plonk on Sainsburys.
    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Whatever happened to good old Ian?

I called my son Ian 13 years ago. The name is timeless, but no longer popular it seems.

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss
        Or Walter, or Maud for the girls

Connor, Bradley and Liam, sound like popular ASBO signatories of the future.

and Oliver, always makes me think of some obnoxious fat wannabe middle class woman shouting "OLIVER, COME HERE OLIVER" while stocking up on cheap plonk on Sainsburys.

Tarquin always makes me think of 30 something media types, him with glasses that are far too trendy, her with a pony tail and very sensible clothes, driving their little wonder child to school in a monstrous 4x4
        Coffee's for closers

Comment

Wasn't the little kid in George and Mildred called Tarquin?

Edit: No it was Tristram Fourmile !
          The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet
            Tarquin always makes me think of 30 something media types, him with glasses that are far too trendy, her with a pony tail and very sensible clothes, driving their little wonder child to school in a monstrous 4x4
            Shurely shome mistake? Him with the pony tail.

Comment

Wasn't Tarquin an Otter?

Comment

MSM at it again!

Read the article, look at the states...then tell me the heading is accurate! George is higher than either of those other two names (which have different spelling) so this smacks of sensationalism.

Mailman
                Last edited by Mailman; 17 January 2007, 13:29.

Comment

Originally posted by Mailman
                  MSM at it again!

Read the article, look at the states...then tell me the heading is accurate! George is higher than either of those other two names (which have different spelling) so this smacks of sensationalism.

Mailman
                  Ah so Mohammed and Muhammed are quite different. By Jorge, that hadn't occurred to me!

Comment

Scary -as foretold by the CUK'rs back at the start of the year -http://forums.contractoruk.com/thread13261.html

do you think the Telegraph journalists read this board?
                    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Working...
                    X