• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The End Of Reality TV

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The End Of Reality TV

With all this hoo ha going on about racism in the Big Brother House, does anyone on the panel think the do-gooders in this country will soon be calling for reality TV shows to be banned or do you think they enjoy calling 'racist' and 'it's not fair' too much. Seriously though - how can you have a reality TV show which is constrained by the shackles of political correctness? There would be no spontanaity and, therefore, by default no show. Can't stand the programme personally but really cannot understand the 'thousands' of protest - I mean what do these protesters really expect C4 to do about it?

hopefully its just the end of the cult of the non-talented celebrity
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Housemates, this is Big Brother. Today's task is that you are all to attend diversity training. Anyone who fails will have their booze and fags allowance cut.

Comment

The thousands of complaints to the BBC is a typical ring-around thing, which ethnic minorities have proved very good at in the past (e.g. the burka, the Danish cartoons of Mohammed).

I listened to the bloke who set up the website calling for people to complain. He is a gobby-sh1te feckwit. For example, he was asked whether it was equally racist when Jermaine Jackson called Jade Goody's mother a "white honky", and he insisted it was not.

Comment

End justifies the means

Well if this is what it takes to rid us of the horror that is RT, then I dont mind.

If all that is going to happen is that pure unadultered wnakers like Keith Vaz can make policitcal capital out of it then I think they should ignore the complaints

IMHO, Shilpa Shetty is pretty fit and she shows up the UK contingent of girls in there to be utter slags and lacking in class and refinement. However the percieved racist retorts from them show them in a much worse light and I really do think everybody is overreacting.

For fcukheads like Vaz however, this is a perfect opportunity for him to play the racist card in the hope of garnering some support from the Asian community and if he had any sense he would let her carry on doing what she is doing pretty well, making the rest of the girls in the house look like stupid bints

What really hurts is that we pay his salary.
          There are no evil thoughts except one: the refusal to think

Comment

Originally posted by sunnysan
            Well if this is what it takes to rid us of the horror that is RT, then I dont mind.

If all that is going to happen is that pure unadultered wnakers like Keith Vaz can make policitcal capital out of it then I think they should ignore the complaints
            <snip>
            For fcukheads like Vaz however, this is a perfect opportunity for him to play the racist card in the hope of garnering some support from the Asian community and if he had any sense he would let her carry on doing what she is doing pretty well, making the rest of the girls in the house look like stupid bints

What really hurts is that we pay his salary.
            Hear hear to all of that. Vaz is a sleazy little c***, caught taking back-handers but somehow still in a job with HMG.

Comment

Originally posted by John Galt
              ...what do these protesters really expect C4 to do about it?
              I assume that they expect C4 to tell the housemates that this will not be tolerated; and then to ensure this non-toleration by punishments or eviction as needed.

You are thinking that each housemate is an individual, and C4 merely carries the speech and is not responsible for what he or she says. Many will think that C4 is responsible for what happens and what is shown, and can be compelled to do something about it. they already do such things. "Please do not swear" is not 100% effective but it does establish that the housemates are not completely free to speak as they might want.

It's a question of whether there is such a thing as society.

Comment

OMFG it gets worse - Bliar is involved now http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6269953.stm

Comment

I thought the house was designed so that people would fall out with each other?

This could be the first time where too much publicity actually backfires
                  The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Thinking about it

You know the three slags know that they will not win the hearts and minds of the public as really I think they are shown up to be IMHO inferior in all aspects to SS.

The systematic bullying, I think is to try and get her out as they know that she will become a more favoured candidate as she is sexier, prettier and I think a bit more worldly and intelligent.

In all fairness I think she is doing what all beautiful woman do well, nobly play the victim and I would not be suprised if she actually won. She will flutter her eyelids and the BB coffers will ring with the votes of all the Shilpa sympathisers.

Why tB and KV and co are actually even bothering to discuss this is beyond me.They got wars and fcked NHS and thingds to worry about
                    There are no evil thoughts except one: the refusal to think

Comment

Working...
                    X