• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Have you got a PDP...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have you got a PDP...

Permies eh......

Competency, Action Plans, Objectives, PDP's, FJP's

They take up fekin too much time, setting objectives, creating actions plans to achieve them and then justifying competency.....

Is it me or do they spend more time on these rather than doing real world work.

I have yet to see a justification for all the above. maybe set an action plan to myself to try and get my head around it all.

Wot a fekin liberty
    whats the lowest you can do this for?

http://www.dbit.com/
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

permies here have recently spet 3 days each doing theirs
      Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

Mmmmm, PDP-11...
        I'll make the money by selling one of my livers. I can get by with one.

Comment

They wanted to do one for me here and I'm not a permie - Told them where to go with thier PDP!!
          Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

PDP-11/23, PDP-11/53, PDP-11/73 with co-processor.

Comment

Originally posted by HankWangford
              Permies eh......

Competency, Action Plans, Objectives, PDP's, FJP's

They take up fekin too much time, setting objectives, creating actions plans to achieve them and then justifying competency.....

Is it me or do they spend more time on these rather than doing real world work.

I have yet to see a justification for all the above. maybe set an action plan to myself to try and get my head around it all.

Wot a fekin liberty

Currently working 'Agile'... which means the company don't know what they want, and 50% of the department sits in one room with new books being delivered from Amazon everyday, they have no set deadlines so do what they want (i.e. arrange two hour meeting every now and then to discusss which 'process' to feck around with for a few weeks, who is the 'champion' of a particular aspect of their doomed project, talk incessantly about over complicated and fragile domain models that use inheritence all over the shop, hide database issues with NHibernate, while me and one other guy keep on ignoring all the BS and get software out on time.)

Every single day this 'team' has a delivery of the latest books from Amazon - and then a few days later we hear they have set an agenda for a new discussion about 'process'.

Never seem to write any effing code though.
              Vieze Oude Man

Comment

McQ, what is the deliverable of this "project"?

Comment

Last time I did one as a permie many years ago, I just printed some jargon generator text.

Comment

Has the Master got a PDP?

Comment

Working...
                    X