• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hoaxley. Priceless

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hoaxley. Priceless

Phishing trip anyone? Just received an email from Hoaxley. COuld I update my details with them. I never knew I had ever registered.

Candidate Name

Position

Current Rate

Desired Rate

Availability

Desired Role

Current Location

Locations willing to work

Technical References x 2

Summary of experience

Key Technical Skills

Other Interviews (even if unsuccessful) over the last month.

1)Company:

Role:

Manager Name:

2) Company:

Role:

Manager Name:

3) Company:

Role:

Manager Name:

4) Company:

Role:

Manager Name:

5) Company:

Role:

Manager Name:

I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
    Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

I think quite a few of them do this. I'm ashamed to say I fell for the Computer Futures one a few years back.
    +50 Xeno Geek Points
    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Hoaxley, Chamberlain "bunch of fecking cnuts" Scott, etc

It's like spam emails: "it's so obvious it's fake, so why do they keeping sending the same emails over and over again"... (sigh)
      If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Another one today.

Eaglecliff Recruitment.

Have refused to put me CV forward for a job today because I refused to give them two references, so they could "contact my previous employers and verify my skillset to ensure my CV is not exaggerated/lied about".

W@t a load of W@KNRSE

Comment

here's a question, i advertised a role recently a job to which I had 146 responses, everyone of these people claimed they have exactly the right skills, thankfully I have been blessed with a large brain and some excellent training so I can separate the wheat from the chaff, but . . . there are still around 15-20 candidates who realistically could do the role and all tell me they have all the right skills. My client has specified they want 3 CVs, how do I whittle them down? if references are taboo.
          GREED IS GOOD

Comment

Originally posted by phonemonkey
            here's a question, i advertised a role recently a job to which I had 146 responses, everyone of these people claimed they have exactly the right skills, thankfully I have been blessed with a large brain and some excellent training so I can separate the wheat from the chaff, but . . . there are still around 15-20 candidates who realistically could do the role and all tell me they have all the right skills. My client has specified they want 3 CVs, how do I whittle them down? if references are taboo.
            Know your clients exact requirments and talk to the candidates? References are nothing more than a tool to canvass with (and everyone knows it), you take a reference when things are progressing not before because your contractors lose respect and trust for you. IMHO

Comment

Originally posted by phonemonkey
              Throw 1/2 of the CV's in the bin to remove all the unlucky people.

HTH
              First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

But make sure you pick one or two back out occasionally, so that you don't miss out on the really lucky ones.

Comment

Surely it's not that difficult? You are 'adding value' after all.

Comment

Originally posted by thunderlizard
                    But make sure you pick one or two back out occasionally, so that you don't miss out on the really lucky ones.
                    You must burn one of those so as to not get lumbered with the unlikiest bloke in the world.
                    I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                    Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Working...
                    X