• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What's the worst place you've ever worked

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's the worst place you've ever worked

As in location. As per the earlier post, Birmingham wasn't a highlight. Hounslow perhaps comes a close second.
    Me, me, me...

Slough.
    I'm Spartacus.

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead
      As in location. As per the earlier post, Birmingham wasn't a highlight. Hounslow perhaps comes a close second.
      Funnily enough, two jobs I've been tapped about over the past couple of months have been Solihull council and Houndslow council! Seems like I've had a narrow escape eh?!!

For me though it has to be hands down, Warrington I still shudder now at the thought of it!
      The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartacus
        Slough.
        Ditto. And I had to stay at the Travel Inn. Probably the lowest point of my life.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru
          Ditto. And I had to stay at the Travel Inn. Probably the lowest point of my life.
          Christ almighty, I weep for you. At least it was a commutable distance for me.
          I'm Spartacus.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne
            For me though it has to be hands down, Warrington I still shudder now at the thought of it!
            Yes I did a short contract there many years ago, dreadful place.
            Me, me, me...

Comment

Redditch - near Birmingham.

It was awarded the prize for the most boring postcard. Wikipedia

A well deserved honour that got a mention in the House of Commons. Hansard
              Drivel is my speciality

Comment

Originally posted by Spartacus
                Slough.
                Seconded.

Worked there as a permie in the dim and distant past.
                "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffoon
                  Redditch - near Birmingham.

It was awarded the prize for the most boring postcard. Wikipedia

A well deserved honour that got a mention in the House of Commons. Hansard
                  That photo is truly bleak. It reminds me of the shopping centre in Cumbernauld which won a carbuncle award.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/1668464.stm
                  Me, me, me...

Comment

Hertford - got put up in the Quality Hotel whcih could easily be renamed tulipe Jail.

Comment

Working...
                    X