• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

having a break

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

having a break

Ive been contracting 3 years non stop, finished one contract then went straight into another etc. I'm thinking about not renewing at the end of this contract and then taking a couple of months off, (holidays and relaxing).

Ive got a nice buffer of money to last me a while and need to have a rest from the daily commute. What ammount of time do you think is acceptable to have off as a break before it looks bad on your CV?
    Gerrrrrrrrrraaaaaaardddddddd. Wot a Hit son, what a hit!

as long as you want ... you have a business and can always chalk up anytime off to personal development and plan b..

get creative!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SA - Is it like a dragons nostril?

Comment

Just had 2 months off myself to relax, got offered a new gig just yesterday ... by an investment banking client who I met in May for a gig but they took someone else on, now they've got another role!

Comment

Originally posted by kramer
        as long as you want ... you have a business and can always chalk up anytime off to personal development and plan b..

get creative!
        26 years contracting, used to work 6 months and take 6 off in the good old days, funnily enough, no gaps on my CV...
        Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead
          26 years contracting, used to work 6 months and take 6 off in the good old days, funnily enough, no gaps on my CV...
          You don't by any chance own an Audi A8 do you?

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill
            You don't by any chance own an Audi A8 do you?
            No never did except when I hired one in Germany for a role there.
            Me, me, me...

Comment

Im thinking about taking 2 months off just to recharge. looks like my creative writing skills will be getting an outing.

any ideas what to do for 2 months?
              Gerrrrrrrrrraaaaaaardddddddd. Wot a Hit son, what a hit!

Comment

Originally posted by 1yearlater
                Im thinking about taking 2 months off just to recharge. looks like my creative writing skills will be getting an outing.

Drug fuelled rampage?
                Call the cops

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead
                  I had a mate who never worked summers. Nice. Take 3 or so months off each year...and always be in demand. I guess it just depends how good you are and how relevant your skills are really. I intend to follow his lead once the mortgage is paid off...
                  "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by 1yearlater

Go and support Torquay instead of Liverpool, glory-hunter!

Comment

Working...
                    X