• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Great start to the day

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great start to the day

Two hard drive failures, one in my webserver. Can't get the new PC I ordered to replace it because the roads are unpassable because of snow. No food in the house either and can't get to the shops. Called Tesco but not delivering because of snow. Power cut imminent as the other half of the village is now out.
    Me, me, me...

Sounds like it's time to start eating the other villagers.
    I'm Spartacus.

Comment

And it gets better. Some muppet just skidded into my driveway and hit one of the gateposts and are now stuck. I'll not be offering a cup of tea, the feckers can freeze out there.
      Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead
        And it gets better. Some muppet just skidded into my driveway and hit one of the gateposts and are now stuck. I'll not be offering a cup of tea, the feckers can freeze out there.
        No, invite them in for a cup of tea and eat them. With Tesco not delivering your very survival is at stake.
        I'm Spartacus.

Comment

Now there's a tractor trying to pull them out and it's stuck too. I am getting rather hungry...
          Me, me, me...

Comment

At least you can watch Good Morning.

See you, you ****. I'll cut you first...

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Crosby
              At least you can watch Good Morning.
              No!!! They have food articles. I'm going to have to get creative with the stock cubes.
              Me, me, me...

Comment

Boil up some snow to make a hearty broth.

See you, you ****. I'll cut you first...

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Crosby
                  Boil up some snow to make a hearty broth.
                  Don't forget to chop in the stranded traveller.

Is your village like that one in Torchwood where they were all eating each other?
                  I'm Spartacus.

Comment

Do you have your own Genny for when the power fails?
                    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Working...
                    X