• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Best place you've ever worked ...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best place you've ever worked ...

Gig for 4 years at a German investment bank in the City ... chilled out place, beers at lunchtime, afternoon and evening ...

Those were the days ...

Glasgow – fantastic banter
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by bobsmithldn
      Gig for 4 years at a German investment bank in the City ... chilled out place, beers at lunchtime, afternoon and evening ...

Those were the days ...
      Last summer in Kew - cracking place, good pubs, Richmond on your doorstep, and only down the road from where I live.
      Call the cops

Comment

Portland, Maine
        Me, me, me...

Comment

A 10 month stint at an Insurance company 2 miles down the road - no rail commute, home at a reasonable time - totally different wasy of living....bliss
          How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot
            Glasgow – fantastic banter
            As an Englishman I struggle with understanding the Glasgow dialect...
            How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

NASA.

Piss easy contract (well it's not exactly rocket science is it). Free use of moon rover and plenty of re-entries.

Threaded.
              First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Grand Turk - Turks and Caicos Islands

Hotel room over looked the beach, and it was in there that I spent 50% of the time working.
                Meetings were mainly spent in the hotel bar whilst sipping rum cocktails

Plus i charged fo 16 hours a day plus the flying time there and back
                Coffee's for closers

Comment

Aylesbury. My best rate so far, 20 minute commute by car, people great.

Nicest site is probably Microsoft at Reading, although HP at Pinewood was pretty good too.

Comment

Cognos

Nice building, easy work, good pay, generally good people, decent cafeteria.
                    McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
                    Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Working...
                    X