• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Chicken , Egg? Java J2EE ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chicken , Egg? Java J2EE ?

Just need a general overview of J2EE, is Java a prerequisite?

Originally posted by DGK
    Are you sure you are in the right job?
    I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Originally posted by DGK
      Yes!

Next!
      Carpe Pactum

(does fuzzy logic tickle?)

Comment

Originally posted by To BI or not to BI?
        Yes!

Next!
        Well it started off as poor attempt of trolling I believe but indeed you'd be surprised of how many J2EE "Architects" (on paper, in reality they are just bags full of sh1te) do not even have the basics on any programming language (let even java alone). Only in IT. If you think about another sector, can you imagine a brain surgeon who does not know the basics of anatomy?
        I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Originally posted by Francko
          Are you sure you are in the right job?
          It's just an understanding of J2ee concepts and the £450 per day is in the bag.

Comment

http://java.sun.com/j2ee/overview.html

and a bit more detail

http://www.uni-ulm.de/~fkargl/doku/j...erview.fm.html

Comment

Originally posted by DGK
              It's just an understanding of J2ee concepts and the £450 per day is in the bag.
              J2EE is the enterprise framework. Java is the programming language on which the framework has been built. Go to the Sun website, you'll find plenty of information.

Comment

Thanks buddy, sun's site is fine but sometimes it's good to hear it from the 'coal face'

Comment

Originally posted by DGK
                  Thanks buddy, sun's site is fine but sometimes it's good to hear it from the 'coal face'
                  That's a racist remark and it has caused great offence. I am burning a effigy of you in my living room.

Comment

Originally posted by DGK
                    That's the funniest thing I've heard today (admittedly it's only 8am)

I have a similar question

* Just need a general overview of Solaris, is unix a prerequisite?

Comment

Working...
                    X